Traveling with 13 year old

vbecky

I was reading on Carnival's website that if traveling with minor child and not both parents are on ship I need a signed letter from other parent? I have never cruised with kids byself before does anyone or has anyone done this? Or is it just for divorced parents? Thanks

If only one parent is cruising with a minor, Carnival has a form/letter for the other parent to complete allowing the child to travel with you.

If the other parent is deceased, I think you have to show proof.

I think this is needed for Homeland Security and for Mexico if traveling there.

We've had to do this on 2 of our cruises and will have to again on this one ~ even though we've never had anyone ask for the form. Better safe than sorry.:)

I was reading on Carnival's website that if traveling with minor child and not both parents are on ship I need a signed letter from other parent? I have never cruised with kids byself before does anyone or has anyone done this? Or is it just for divorced parents? Thanks

Even if you and your child are traveling out of the country and your husband is staying at home you need to have him sign a letter that says it is okay for you to leave the country with your child.

You might ask this over on the family board since I'm sure someone will be quicker to actually show you what form needs to be filled out.

We take my daughter's friend with us each year. You can download a consent form for any situation. We use the form that we got by googling "Minor consent form to travel without both parents". The main thing is to have a form that has a place for the parents to sign and states each port you will go to. We were never questioned but better to have it than not

I am divorced and have my ex do one each time we travel and I do it for him as well....we also did it when were were married, just to cover ourselves if we were ever stopped or questioned.

Just have it outline that dates of travel, the names of the children, the non-traveling party's name, who you are that they're traveling with and the relation of each party.

Then sign it off with the non-traveling party's name, phone number, address and passport number.

We usually also include the itinerary - the return date is what is most important.

Never had to download a form letter - we just do ours ourselves.

Happy travels :)

I would call Carnival to be sure. We turned in a notarized letter and they said they required the information on there form. I looked for the form but it seems I've deleted it.

I have read several different scenarios from people on this. After dealing with Carnival on several cruises I believe it really depends on who you talk to at Carnival. You can call on the same issue different times and receive different answers each time.:p

We had to do this on our last 2 cruises. We were booked as a group both times which may or may not make a difference also. I know I had to fax the form to the group division at Carnival right after our final payment.

I cruised last year with my 14 year old, my husband stayed home. I had him go to the bank and get a notarized letter stating that I was taking her to the Caribbean on vacation. I was never asked for it when I checked in at the port and we cruised to Mexico, Belize, Honduras and Grand Cayman.

I think it's an issue when the traveling parent's last name is different from the child's last name. That's the only thing I can think of.

Archived