Can't use "Next cruise booking" OBC with Wow sale OBC

Just completed my booking for a cruise during the Wow sale. We had a "next cruise booking" deposit from a prior cruise in 2008 which, at the time, gave us onboard credit. When I booked this morning for the new cruise, I was told I can't use the WOW sale OBC in conjunction with the "next cruise booking" OBC. I can only get one of them. Bummer. :(

Just completed my booking for a cruise during the Wow sale. We had a "next cruise booking" deposit from a prior cruise in 2008 which, at the time, gave us onboard credit. When I booked this morning for the new cruise, I was told I can't use the WOW sale OBC in conjunction with the "next cruise booking" OBC. I can only get one of them. Bummer. :(

Keep in mind....that NCC from 2008 is quite valuable as it's pre the new/current price drop policy....that NCC will still allow you price protection if there are any price drops on your sailing after final.

I was really caught off guard by this. I was told the policy is the same as Royal Caribbean.

We sail 2-3 times a year. I always purchase the 'next cruise' deal while onboard & have used it with no problem. We always book through internet agencies so expect to get additional onboard credit/prepaid grautuities.

Our next cruise had a prepaid gratuity offer with it. That was apparently offered by the cruiseline and not the agency so when I booked, I could not use the 'next cruise' deal. They are not combinable. If the offer had been issued by the agency, it would have been.

I had not run into that before & was not too happy about it. I really thought that it was combinable with anything.

We really wanted the cruise so booked anyway. I always scour the internet after we book & a couple of weeks later found a different agency offering $150. OBC.

A lot of these agencys will do a 'price match' so our agency added that to our booking. We were just a few days outside of the final booking period.

I will continue to book onboard 'next' bookigs because you cannot beat it for fronting $100. but am a bit wiser about it now.....

Keep in mind....that NCC from 2008 is quite valuable as it's pre the new/current price drop policy....that NCC will still allow you price protection if there are any price drops on your sailing after final.

I have been away from the boards lately...I have a NCC from 4/11......so it's protected for price drops? I guess I am not familiar with the new price drop policy. :confused:

I have been away from the boards lately...I have a NCC from 4/11......so it's protected for price drops? I guess I am not familiar with the new price drop policy. :confused:

No...the new policy went into effect May 17 2010...it would have to be from prior to that date.

Archived