Post Your Favorite San Juan Photos Here!

Host Faith

Hello All! I've seen this done in a couple Ports of Call forums and thought it would be nice to start a thread about San Juan. It's a beautiful city, and Puerto Rico is a beautiful island. Do you have any of your favorite photos to share from your time spent there?

I'll start :)

View from our balcony at the Caribe Hilton Hotel:

ry%3D400

Pretty bird in the Caribe's lobby:

ry%3D400

El Morro Fort:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Great shots so far, Here's some that I've taken:

from the air- landing

DSC02488.jpg

San Cristobal fort in Old San Juan

DSC01241.jpg

DSC01213.jpg

Old San Juan street

DSC01205.jpg

view of Plaza De Armes

DSC01190.jpg

Fantastic photos! I can't get enough of those shots of Old San Juan streets. The buildings are so colorful and pretty. They just make me happy looking at them.

Those are great pictures. My favorite is the one of San Juan Gate. Many thanks for starting this thread.

Hi Aviator! My pleasure! Can't wait to see some more photos. In the meantime I'll share a couple more....

I can't believe how much I loved this port! I wasn't able to get to any of those beautiful beaches. I get to go here again in Dec. so maybe I'll be able to stay at a resort on the beach. Even leaving San Juan in a hurricane didn't dampen my love of this area. I can hardly wait.

1745480188_Copy(2)ofSouthernCaribbeanCruiseAug2011064.jpg.dbbb595c817fa5b9d2855bb949eae685.jpg

1243455943_SouthernCaribbeanCruiseAug2011106.jpg.0ebfb3abacab5344563a78f03be801ed.jpg

746971708_SouthernCaribbeanCruiseAug2011070.jpg.1e23aa0c983078e7609961d428d48b51.jpg

687092945_SouthernCaribbeanCruiseAug2011152.jpg.2f793d539a33419961271f5792e2225d.jpg

Wow, great pictures! I love old San Juan, and I try to book cruises that depart from that port, just to be able to book a few days R&R before leaving on a cruise. Looking at all of your photos makes me want to go back as soon as I can for another three day vist. OSJ is even more special near the Christmas holidays; I loved the festivities and decorations! Thanks for sharing.

Pete

4727_1173185890353_1249200719_489946_7711964_n.jpg

This picture was taken as we were pulling into San Juan late afternoon on The Mariner of the Seas! :)

Great photo Kathy! We've sailed from San Juan and leave at night so it's nice to see the city from this point of view. :)

Edited by Host Faith

I can't believe how much I loved this port! I wasn't able to get to any of those beautiful beaches. I get to go here again in Dec. so maybe I'll be able to stay at a resort on the beach. Even leaving San Juan in a hurricane didn't dampen my love of this area. I can hardly wait.

Love your photos, especially the third one. If you can, fly in two days early. We like to do that so we have one day to relax on the beach a bit and settle in, then have another day to walk around and explore Old San Juan. It's like a mini-vacation before the fun of the cruise begins! :D

We used Carlos of Charlies Charter Tours PR to explore the Guavate Roast Pork Highway and the Sierra Cordillera Mountain Range......Both the tour with Carlos and the roast pork were awesome......a fantastic day!!!!! Ended up with some cold Medallas at Placita Santurce (picture below) which is a local mercado by day but a lively place to eat and drink in the evening. Carlos made reservations for our cruise critic group in Restaurante Boronia which is only a ten minute taxi ride from Condado.......the best meal we had in San Juan and the music and vibes were great.....if you have the time, there is so much more to see in Puerto Rico than only Old San Juan and El Yunque and Carlos opened our eyes to some of these wonderful sights and experiences.

IMG_0302.jpg

We used Carlos of Charlies Charter Tours PR to explore the Guavate Roast Pork Highway and the Sierra Cordillera Mountain Range......Both the tour with Carlos and the roast pork were awesome......a fantastic day!!!!! Ended up with some cold Medallas at Placita Santurce (picture below) which is a local mercado by day but a lively place to eat and drink in the evening. Carlos made reservations for our cruise critic group in Restaurante Boronia which is only a ten minute taxi ride from Condado.......the best meal we had in San Juan and the music and vibes were great.....if you have the time, there is so much more to see in Puerto Rico than only Old San Juan and El Yunque and Carlos opened our eyes to some of these wonderful sights and experiences.

IMG_0302.jpg

Great idea! I'll have to look into that the next time we're in San Juan. Any photos of the places you saw on this tour?:)

Great photo Kathy! We've sailed from San Juan and leave at night so it's nice to see the city from this point of view. :)

Thanks Crystal! :)

We were not even suppose to go to PR on that cruise, was suppose to be CocoCAY, But weather was bad so they brought us to PR, we did not pull in until 4ish and weather a bit gloomy, but I loved pulling in was still beautiful! With us sailing out late also on the Adenture we will not be able to see this shot either, will be dark.

I have been reading your review on the Serenade of the Seas, GREAT review, reasoning I am reading the ports you went to are the same we are going to on the Adventure of the Seas. I have been going aback and forth on St Johns, NOW I really want to go to St Johns after reading your review! :)

Thanks Crystal! :)

We were not even suppose to go to PR on that cruise, was suppose to be CocoCAY, But weather was bad so they brought us to PR, we did not pull in until 4ish and weather a bit gloomy, but I loved pulling in was still beautiful! With us sailing out late also on the Adenture we will not be able to see this shot either, will be dark.

I have been reading your review on the Serenade of the Seas, GREAT review, reasoning I am reading the ports you went to are the same we are going to on the Adventure of the Seas. I have been going aback and forth on St Johns, NOW I really want to go to St Johns after reading your review! :)

It's nice that you got to visit a new port instead of having another sea day! I've never been to CocoCay before. We're going to Labadee on our next cruise. I do love sailing from San Juan at night, that view of El Morro illuminated against the night sky is beautiful.

So glad the Serenade review is helpful! Trunk Bay is the prettiest beach I've ever seen, and I love how quiet it is there. It's my mental "happy place," now, lol!:)

Pretty cool shots from the Intercontinental. I got this hotel in Priceline for one night post-cruise, and I emailed the hotel ahead of time to request a balcony room. We got one that faced Isla Verde Avenue, and were able to watch several planes land:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The port of Old San Juan is often more enjoyable than many of the stops that the cruise ships make after departing from that port. I'd encourage anyone to spend a few days enjoying OSJ, or even a post cruise excursion to the rain forest. Puerto Rico is a fascinating, and relaxing, place. I can't wait to book another cruise from there in the future.

It's nice that you got to visit a new port instead of having another sea day! I've never been to CocoCay before. We're going to Labadee on our next cruise. I do love sailing from San Juan at night, that view of El Morro illuminated against the night sky is beautiful.

So glad the Serenade review is helpful! Trunk Bay is the prettiest beach I've ever seen, and I love how quiet it is there. It's my mental "happy place," now, lol!:)

CocoCay and Labadee are BEAUTIFUL!!! :) You will enjoy Labadee, I just hope for you when you go that only 1 ship is in port then. We went when there was 2! Was to CROWDED! BUT still enjoyed it. Just took us a while to find nice chairs near water, I figure if I am going to lay on a chair on the beach I want to see the beach, not people, the water! I love the caribbean water!!! :D

We were just there on 3/29 and we had a lovely time. It was raining on and off, but our tour guide, Albert Aguirre (who was awesome) took us to the rainforest, around Old San Juan and it was lovely...even with the rain. Here are a couple of my favorite shots!

485885_618912427745_37401327_32175384_1794452965_n.jpg

557204_618912976645_37401327_32175392_593293306_n.jpg

And the rain really got the water falls flowing in El Yunque rainforest. My daughter is wearing a hat Albert made out of leaves from one of the trees to keep the rain off her face:

543297_618911280045_37401327_32175352_128786188_n.jpg