Villa Herencia

Cruisin KLS

I'm also keen on this information.

You mentioned you wanted to book for March 2014 - how far in advance are you planning to book?

I plan to book as soon as the dates become available for reservations. They don't seem to take reservations more than a year in advance.

I plan to book as soon as the dates become available for reservations. They don't seem to take reservations more than a year in advance.

Actually, Xcitdcruiser, you made me nervous. Checking the website, Fridays and Saturdays seemed to be booked solid a full year in advance. I just called and booked for March 2014...yes, well OVER a year in advance. I ended up going with a king sized room, rather than a queen. The price difference wasn't that big and I'd read on Trip Adviser that the second-floor rooms were preferable. The receptionist was extremely nice. Just waiting for my email confirmation now. One more thing off the do-do list. At the rate I'm going, I'll have nothing to do but WAIT for six months before my cruise!!!

I just noticed that on the hotel website it is possible to tell which rooms are upstairs by looking for the word "Terrace" in the room description. It looks like only H8 and H9 are upstairs, H9 is the 2 bedroom. I just booked H8 for a Saturday night in November.

Actually, Xcitdcruiser, you made me nervous. Checking the website, Fridays and Saturdays seemed to be booked solid a full year in advance. I just called and booked for March 2014...yes, well OVER a year in advance. I ended up going with a king sized room, rather than a queen. The price difference wasn't that big and I'd read on Trip Adviser that the second-floor rooms were preferable. The receptionist was extremely nice. Just waiting for my email confirmation now. One more thing off the do-do list. At the rate I'm going, I'll have nothing to do but WAIT for six months before my cruise!!!

lol - you seem to be my kind of planner..ops, i mean traveler!

When you booked did you have to pay in full? I'm keen to do the same for Feb 14 but flights haven't been booked so im not 100% sure of how many nights we'll stay (hopefully 4). And I wouldn't want to be penalized :/

snorkelphile: We must have the SAME room!! You'll have to post something when you return and let me know how you like it!!

Xcitdcruiser: Yeah, I had to pay in full. However, they will provide a 100% refund if you cancel 30 or more days prior to your stay. They will also waive the penalty if you have to switch your date or if you have to cancel for reasons beyond your control - such as a flight delay or serious illness. Otherwise, within that 30 day window, there is a $100 cancellation fee.

snorkelphile: We must have the SAME room!! You'll have to post something when you return and let me know how you like it!!

Xcitdcruiser: Yeah, I had to pay in full. However, they will provide a 100% refund if you cancel 30 or more days prior to your stay. They will also waive the penalty if you have to switch your date or if you have to cancel for reasons beyond your control - such as a flight delay or serious illness. Otherwise, within that 30 day window, there is a $100 cancellation fee.

Pirntingchick. You are a star. I will call them tonight & get the booking done. (for Feb 14!) Preference of H8 or H9 King upstairs. Thank you for your help! I will let you know how it goes!

Pirntingchick. You are a star. I will call them tonight & get the booking done. (for Feb 14!) Preference of H8 or H9 King upstairs. Thank you for your help! I will let you know how it goes!

Awesome! Let me know how it goes. As snorkelphile said, one of those upstairs rooms is actually a 2-BR suite. I think there is only one king room upstairs. I thought there was a queen room on the second floor, but apparently not, so I went with the king. I think it's the king pictured here. Don't know how I managed to stumble onto this site, but there are some GREAT photos!!

http://www.oyster.com/shots/?qa=hotelid%3A153544+location%3Apuerto-rico-112&first=1

We stayed two nights before cruise and absolutely loved it. Stayed in H5 which was the queen room; I had actually asked for a king but after getting in late and being given H5 the first night by accident we liked it so well that when she offered to let us move the H8 on the terrace we decided to keep the room on the bottom floor.

Room was antique looking with canopy bed very unique and comfortable. We did go upstairs to look at H8 the next day when they offered but actually liked the antiqued wall and bed look of H5 versus H8 more modern feel (that and the thought of lugging a large piece of luggage up the stairs :) Upstairs did look nice though. I was quite surprised that the queen bed was plenty of room for my sister and me but more room upstairs if you like to spread out.

The admin could not have been better with offer to move us when error in room found and prompt refund to the lower priced room when we decided to stay in H5. Lovely place, loved the feel and look and liked staying in one of the oldest sections of San Juan next to the cathedral and easy walking distance to everything. Loved the atmosphere both of the B&B and it's surroundings; like going back in time but with all the amenities of today.

We would stay there again in a heartbeat. No noise problems at all although we were the closest room to the lobby. and liked the darker romantic feel of the room versus a hotel room.

Awesome! Let me know how it goes. As snorkelphile said, one of those upstairs rooms is actually a 2-BR suite. I think there is only one king room upstairs. I thought there was a queen room on the second floor, but apparently not, so I went with the king. I think it's the king pictured here. Don't know how I managed to stumble onto this site, but there are some GREAT photos!!

http://www.oyster.com/shots/?qa=hotelid%3A153544+location%3Apuerto-rico-112&first=1

Ops, sorry I've confused myself with the rooms! H8 is the only King upstairs.

How many nights are you staying for & what was the nightly rate you paid?

I'm actually waiting for a call back form them for availability as we speak! So excited!

We stayed two nights before cruise and absolutely loved it. Stayed in H5 which was the queen room; I had actually asked for a king but after getting in late and being given H5 the first night by accident we liked it so well that when she offered to let us move the H8 on the terrace we decided to keep the room on the bottom floor.

Room was antique looking with canopy bed very unique and comfortable. We did go upstairs to look at H8 the next day when they offered but actually liked the antiqued wall and bed look of H5 versus H8 more modern feel (that and the thought of lugging a large piece of luggage up the stairs :) Upstairs did look nice though. I was quite surprised that the queen bed was plenty of room for my sister and me but more room upstairs if you like to spread out.

The admin could not have been better with offer to move us when error in room found and prompt refund to the lower priced room when we decided to stay in H5. Lovely place, loved the feel and look and liked staying in one of the oldest sections of San Juan next to the cathedral and easy walking distance to everything. Loved the atmosphere both of the B&B and it's surroundings; like going back in time but with all the amenities of today.

We would stay there again in a heartbeat. No noise problems at all although we were the closest room to the lobby. and liked the darker romantic feel of the room versus a hotel room.

Now this is very confusing to me. I booked H5 as it was listed as an available king room on their website at the time of booking, and priced accordingly. On their site, 5,7 and 8 are listed as king.

I will e-mail them for clarification.

Ops, sorry I've confused myself with the rooms! H8 is the only King upstairs.

How many nights are you staying for & what was the nightly rate you paid?

I'm actually waiting for a call back form them for availability as we speak! So excited!

I'm only staying one night. The rate was $180+ tax. Spoke with Mariella. She was great! Good luck! Let me know!

Now this is very confusing to me. I booked H5 as it was listed as an available king room on their website at the time of booking, and priced accordingly. On their site, 5,7 and 8 are listed as king.

I will e-mail them for clarification.

Still waiting for a reply to my e-mail sent on 1/24.

I put pictures up on the first page of this thread. We were in the 2 BR suite upstairs. It opened up to the outdoor bathtubs. It was a great place to stay. As all of the rooms in the hotel, even at 2 BR it's still small, but the charm and location are just too good not to experience. We will stay there again the next time we go there.

sippican: I don't think they are very good about replying to email inquiries. I'd recommend calling. They were extremely helpful on the phone.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I did speak with two people today at the hotel. They assured me that their king rooms are H5, H7 and H8 which is upstairs and a higher rate than 5 or 7. H9 is the suite. My total due at check-in is $163.50 ($150 base rate). I paid nothing upfront. I am very happy with that rate and will stay put, the room looks lovely.

A bit off topic I know, but for anyone interested, I got a rate of $165 per night (plus tax) at El Convento for a two night post cruise stay. Check their weekday prices on their website - a great rate for that hotel.

Just got back from our cruise on the Brillance out of San Juan. Stayed at the Villa Herencia precruise for two nights a Wednesday and Thursday. Checked in Wednesday around 4:30 pm. Used booking.com for our reservations and had booked a king room but were not assigned a room when we booked. To our surprise we were put in H8, the king room upstairs. There are only 2 rooms upstairs. One is the suite the other is the king room. Each have a "private" terrace area.

Room was a nice size, clean room and bathroom, bed was super comfortable. AC worked well. All windows open and there are two doors that you can open as well. All doors and windows have frosted glass with solid shutters that latch shut at night to close out the light. DH had reservations before we got there but was pleasantly surprised!

Keep in mind it is a small bed and breakfast. There are no in room safes. There is no ice machine. There is free wifi. Staying here will give you the feel of a cozy place in a small town. There are cats that roam everywhere in Old San Juan including on the roof top terrace. We were hesitant to leave our terrace door open because we did not want the cats in the room. The front desk is only open from 8:00 am to 11:00 pm. They do give you the number of their sister hotel Casablanca in case you have an issue during the off hours.

We would definitely stay there again. Convenient to everything. Front door is always locked. Hair dryer was available in our room as well as an iron. Ate at Rosa de Triana during our food tour and went back the next night for a full dinner. We were sat outside and the food was amazing! Service at the Villa Herencia was great. Continental breakfast was simple. There is a great kiosk in the Plaza des Arms that sells mallorcas and cafe con leche that are both out of this world. It is on the corner near of Calle San Francisco and San Jose near the state building.

Hope this helps. Wll try to post pics of the room once they get off the camera. Feel free to ask questions!

Kristi

what the windows look like

ry%3D480

view from the patio doors looking in. small door to the left of the mirror is for the bathroom.

ry%3D480

small "private" patio off of H8

ry%3D480

outside of Villa Herencia

ry%3D480

Hope you all enjoy your stays there!

-Kristi

Archived