When do I buy a soda card? Vancouver to Alaska

metsfan47

We will be sailing on the Zuiderdam in June, round trip inside passage to Alaska.

I am planning to buy a soda card ($50 worth for $25).

Do I need to purchase this card in advance or can I just buy it after I arrive on the ship in Vancouver?

Do I need to purchase this card in advance or can I just buy it after I arrive on the ship in Vancouver?

Your choice. It won't make any difference. You can even purchase it later in the cruise, if you want. It's the same price whenever you purchase, and someone will always be happy to sell you a card.

You can buy the card at any bar. One hint: find a place where the drinks are stored in a refrigerator. Explorers did that on the Amsterdam but at most of the bars they were warm. Then ask for a glass of ice and the already cold drink won't dilute in the glass.

One suggestion - if you order your card before you sail, you can select "Delivery at sea". From others experience, as well as my own, it will be in your cabin when you board.

The other nice thing about pre-purchasing the drink cards - they come with your name printed on the card. We found this very helpful when my BFF & I each used our drink cards with dinner. Very easy to know who's card was who's. The card a friend purchased on the ship did not have any identifying information on it.

Archived