Will we make it back to the ship in time?! - 7 Mi. Beach & Snorkel on Party Boat

Mgroom

My DH booked this excursion for us through Carnival, but didn't really take into consideration the timing of everything. We don't have passports and will be traveling with our birth certificates and drivers licenses, so if we get left, we're stuck! :eek:

Our excursion is from 11:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The ship leaves at 4:00 p.m. so that only gives us an hour cushion should anything go wrong or there is a delay for some reason.

Has anyone ever taken this excursion or have any idea as to the distance from where we are picked up/dropped off to the ship?

I'm sure we will be fine but any reassurance is greatly appreciated. :o

Since you booked this thru Carnival, it's a ship's tour and you don't have to worry about it at all. Carnival will wait for their tours! :)

Go, enjoy, and have a FUN time! :D

Aw, thanks! As i said, your reassurance is greatly appreciated. :)

I did read somewhere that Carnival will wait "a little longer" for their tours, but not forever. Again, I'm sure everything will go fine, but if we were to get stuck somewhere, I would be worried about our 4 teenagers we are leaving home alone and concerned that my house may be burned down or something by the time we made it back. :eek:

5 days with our kids home alone is 4 days too many for my comfort zone but DH assures me they will be fine. I will need a cocktail or five to keep my mind off the situation, hence the "party boat" excursion! :p

Is it the Tiki party boat? We have booked that one for our April 15th cruise on the Magic, but it leaves early.

Yes, they actually call it "The Tiki Party Boat" but I didn't have enough characters in the title line for that! :p

We return home on the 12th and if I'm not too worn out/sad/completely depressed that it's all over, I'll post here and let you know how it was. From everything I've read it's gotten really good reviews.

Aw, thanks! As i said, your reassurance is greatly appreciated. :)

I did read somewhere that Carnival will wait "a little longer" for their tours, but not forever.

We've been cruising for a long time so over the years our ships tours have been late several times ... once almost 3 hours late. The ship has always been waiting.

Scratch being late returning from your ship's tour off of your "worry list". :D

And even if by some freak chance the ship had to leave without you (which I doubt since the island is pretty small and there's very few places you could get stranded where it would take you that long to get back to the ship) you still wouldn't need to worry. Cayman is a very developed island with a great airport. There's multiple flights a day to Miami alone, let alone other destinations. It's not like you'd be stuck in the middle of nowhere with no way to get home or to the next port... ;)

And even if by some freak chance the ship had to leave without you (which I doubt since the island is pretty small and there's very few places you could get stranded where it would take you that long to get back to the ship) you still wouldn't need to worry. Cayman is a very developed island with a great airport. There's multiple flights a day to Miami alone, let alone other destinations. It's not like you'd be stuck in the middle of nowhere with no way to get home or to the next port... ;)

Although not having passports would definitely be an issue!! BUT don't worry, you'll either make it back in time or the ship will wait for you if it's a ship sponsored excursion. Even if you have mechanical trouble, (which is many times why the tours come back late) the island isn't that big and they can get a 'rescue' vehicle to come and get you. They are all in very close contact with the ship and everything will be taken care of.

It's really only when you book something on your own, that you would need to have a big cushion.

Archived