Hotels in NOLA

momof5k

Tony's Mandina's is just around the cornor. Easy walk. They have steaks and italian along with some seafood. Drinks here are great!

The Outback is about a 5 minute drive from the hotel. Take the Expressway to the Barataria Exit and turn left onto Barataria. It is down on the left. I would recommend Tony's it is really good.

There is also a china buffet that is excellent. It is called Chopsticks. It is in Academy's shopping center right near the hotel. There is a Wendy's there also. All three of these are walking distance. If you need any other help, let me know.

We are staying at the Quality Inn in Gretna. There is a Vietamese restaurant called Pho Tau Bay right by there(according to yelp).

Will be be able to walk there? Have you tried it? I am vegetarian so their menu appealed to me. Don't worry-we will get our fill of NOLA food the next two days and the following Sunday. :)

Thanks!

Are you referring to the hotel we got on Priceline - Hyatt Regency? What about transportation from the cruise port to the hotel, and from the hotel to the airport?

Thanks for any information you could share with us C Richard.

Lynn

C Richard, do you have any information or advice regarding the hotel we got on PL - Hyatt Regency? Any information or advice you can share with us would be appreciated since we've never been to New Orleans. We'll be disembarking from the Navigator on Nov 17 and flying out on Nov 19th. Could you suggest transportation from the ship to the hotel, hotel to areas around New Orleans/ French Quarter, and hotel to airport.

Thanks

Hyatt is great place, but not a safe walk from the quarter. By the time you send the cab fares to and from the hotel for the quarter, you might as well pay a little more and stay at a hotel where you can talk to the quarter.

It would be safe to walk during the day... but NO WAY at night. Cabs are the best way to get around, just do not take the van ones, they charge for a full van even it it is not full.

Is the Thanksgiving weekend? Things could be a little different if it is. There is a big football game that weekend between Gambling and Southern Football teams. There are activities all weekend for those two schools. If you look up the schools on the internet, the schools will probably have information on this big weekend. The school activities take over the quarter.

We've booked the Holiday Inn and sail in August. I'll post our thoughts afterwards if that would be helpful... :)

I am on Aug 25 Carnival cruise myself and thinking about the same. Holiday Inn has not had great reviews online, my only concern. $149.95 is not bad for location and parking. The shuttle to the port is still $7-$8.

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn and the location is excellent. I would not base my bookings on a "breakfast". :) Location is what is important to me. :) Parking is in short supply in these areas and this seems to be a good deal for a week.

Does it include transportation to the dock?

I just booked the Embassy Suites Convention Center can someone tell me if this was a good choice. I hope its a good safe area. Thanks

Yes it's fine. Just don't venture towards canal and bourbon as the sun sets with children.

We are sailing out September 16th and have found the Quality Inn on 100 Westbank Expressway. They offer a room, breakfast, free WiFi, free parking and shuttle to and from the cruiseport for $109.99. (we're just here for the cruise, no exploring)

Good deal!!?? Good area???

We are sailing out September 16th and have found the Quality Inn on 100 Westbank Expressway. They offer a room, breakfast, free WiFi, free parking and shuttle to and from the cruiseport for $109.99. (we're just here for the cruise, no exploring)

Good deal!!?? Good area???

That sounds real good. I guess I need to find that.

Can someone tell me the PROS & CONS for each - Country Inn & Suites and Hampton Inn & Suites (St. Charles).

I have reservations for January 2013 at both of these hotels and I need to choose one. I was looking at the Drury, but they are under construction and I don't want to deal with that.

This would be pre-cruise for two (2) days to tour NOLA and I really want to see the FQ, Jackson Square and Riverfront area (Mall).

Also, has anyone ever eaten at The Joint? If so, reviews. We are looking for local places vs. tourist eateries, any suggestions?

Thanks & have a great day! :)

Deb

Just wanted to put this in here.

We stayed at the Prince Conti hotel on Aug 17th and 18th before our cruise.

We were originally going to stay one night at the airport and one night in the French Quarter but decided to stay at the same hotel.

We liked this hotel, it's nothing fancy but it was clean. It has a small lobby, no courtyard.

The location was great for Bourbon Street.

About 3 blocks to Canal St and 8 blocks to Cafe Du Monde. Down on Canal St and Bourbon there is a CVS pharmacy which was handy.

Watch what you reserve, they have inside rooms with no windows.

We had a window but it looked out on a rooftop, so you might want to reserve a street view window.

I don't know if they have a sail and park package.

We were charged $7 per person for a taxi to the cruise terminal.

There is a German restaurant across the street from the hotel that has delicious food plus espresso drinks.

Can someone tell me the PROS & CONS for each - Country Inn & Suites and Hampton Inn & Suites (St. Charles).

I have reservations for January 2013 at both of these hotels and I need to choose one. I was looking at the Drury, but they are under construction and I don't want to deal with that.

This would be pre-cruise for two (2) days to tour NOLA and I really want to see the FQ, Jackson Square and Riverfront area (Mall).

Also, has anyone ever eaten at The Joint? If so, reviews. We are looking for local places vs. tourist eateries, any suggestions?

Thanks & have a great day! :)

Deb

Hello Deb,

Both are very nice and in good areas. The question you need to ask yourself is about parking & getting around when you get there to enjoy all NO has to offer. Right? The best way to get around is street cars, only $3 a day and will take you to within most places you would like to see and eat. Hampton Inn has free parking while on cruise and street car runs right in front. Country Inn charges $25 a day for parking and you may need to walk a few blocks to catch the street cars. Both you will need to find a way to the cruise termial, but a taxie ride of about $15-$20 should cover it.

I booked Hampton Inn!

You have until January to fine a place that you like.

Good luck and have fun!

Hello Deb,

Both are very nice and in good areas. The question you need to ask yourself is about parking & getting around when you get there to enjoy all NO has to offer. Right? The best way to get around is street cars, only $3 a day and will take you to within most places you would like to see and eat. Hampton Inn has free parking while on cruise and street car runs right in front. Country Inn charges $25 a day for parking and you may need to walk a few blocks to catch the street cars. Both you will need to find a way to the cruise termial, but a taxie ride of about $15-$20 should cover it.

I booked Hampton Inn!

You have until January to fine a place that you like.

Good luck and have fun!

Hi Pawpaw02, Can you tell me how the Ramada on N. Causeway Blvd in Metairie is? Is this a good hotel in a good location? I have found no information on this forum about it and no one has responded to my post about it so I am beginning to worry. Thanks

Archived