Hotels in NOLA

momof5k

Hi Pawpaw02, Can you tell me how the Ramada on N. Causeway Blvd in Metairie is? Is this a good hotel in a good location? I have found no information on this forum about it and no one has responded to my post about it so I am beginning to worry. Thanks

Metairie is a few miles away from downtown & cruise termial. Should be safe & fine on area. I first book at Sheraton in Metairie which I changed to be a little closer to all the action. My wife & I plan to see NO a couple of days and like the idea of using the street cars to get around. If your coming a day or two early it may be to your advantage to check out post about parking & hotel cruise packages.

Have fun & enjoy your cruise!!!

Hi Pawpaw02, Can you tell me how the Ramada on N. Causeway Blvd in Metairie is? Is this a good hotel in a good location? I have found no information on this forum about it and no one has responded to my post about it so I am beginning to worry. Thanks

I lived in Metairie when I got married, and this is where my out of town guests stayed. It if off Veterans Blvd. which has anything on it you could want. Very friendly staff at this hotel. Enjoy your stay!

• 2 weeks later...
Can someone tell me the PROS & CONS for each - Country Inn & Suites and Hampton Inn & Suites (St. Charles).

I have reservations for January 2013 at both of these hotels and I need to choose one. I was looking at the Drury, but they are under construction and I don't want to deal with that.

This would be pre-cruise for two (2) days to tour NOLA and I really want to see the FQ, Jackson Square and Riverfront area (Mall).

Also, has anyone ever eaten at The Joint? If so, reviews. We are looking for local places vs. tourist eateries, any suggestions?

Thanks & have a great day! :)

Deb

Reviews of The Joint

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-joint-new-orleans

We are going out of NOLA in April 2013, and just booked

Holiday Inn Express NEW ORLEANS EAST On BULLARD AVE.

Has any one ever stayed there? :) :D

i posted below but am not sure it took. just wanted to say that you're a helluva long way from downtown and the piers. it's not a bad (as in crime) location but you're in the burbs. you'll need a car to travel back and forth.

I just booked the Embassy Suites Convention Center can someone tell me if this was a good choice. I hope its a good safe area. Thanks

Stayed here several times with my family during Mardi Gas and New Years. Never felt unsafe and will stay here again with my children. Never had a problem...just be prepared to walk a little. You can always take the street car into the quater if you dont want to walk so much, there is a stop at the foot of Julia. They serve a good breakfast. Wouldn't waste money on Mulatte's, there is better seafood in the quarter.

Just stumbled upon this board. Looking for a hotel and found a rea.sonable price at the Astor Crowne. Anyone have a idea about this place as well as it's location. Would like to spend a couple days there and then cruise out on 9-23.

Been a long tme since I was in NOLA and can not remember much, so hoping for a recommendation.

the astor is NICE. basically right on the corner of canal and the quarter. quiet despite being that close to the quarter. i stayed pre-K and the staff was lovely. great location and accomodations but not competitive enough for me in price.

We are going to be cruising out of NO in October of 2013. Unfortunately, I cannot start checking rates yet because it is too far out for most hotels. We are driving into NO on Wednesday before our cruise so we will have a vehicle. We do not want to pay over about $100 a night for the room and do not want to pay for parking. We also want to have the free breakfast. We don't have to stay in the heart of NO but we will want to take the street car for touring and have no problem doing that. We will be driving ourselves to the port also. We have looked at a couple of places in Gretna just because of the pricing.

Any suggestions of what hotels we should check out? We don't mind walking (my Mom uses a wheelchair for long distances but can walk - she has MS) or using streetcars. We just do not want to spend the amount it will take to stay in the city and then pay extra per day for parking! Thanks for any ideas or suggestions that you may have.

I'm looking for some place for two nights before our cruise (on a Saturday in January) on Navigator OTS.

I did consider this last year and had loads of notes. Frustratedly (is that a word?) I just cannot find them.:(

Where is it that most people are staying who need a cruise and park package? My research was leading me to Drury Inn and then they stopped their cruise package.

Hi going 2 days pre-cruise Aug 31, 2013. We are looking at these 2 hotels (Sheraton vs Drury Inn), prices are similar. I know the Sheraton has construction right now but will be finished by then. Any and all info on both would be appreciated so we can make our decision, thanks in advance Ken

Loving this post. We don't sail until April of 2014, but have not clue where to stay. Have been looking at Drury Inn and also Homewood Suites. We will have one child and would like to stay at a place with an indoor pool.

Thanks all!

Mary

Loving this post. We don't sail until April of 2014, but have not clue where to stay. Have been looking at Drury Inn and also Homewood Suites. We will have one child and would like to stay at a place with an indoor pool.

Thanks all!

Mary

We stayed at the Drury in January 2011 and really liked it. It is a few blocks from all the action of the French Quarter but definitely walkable (unless your kids are really little...then it may be a bit tough)

When we were in NOLA this August, we had planned to stay at the Drury again but they had discontinued their park and cruise package so we stayed at the Holiday Inn on Royal instead. ($149.99 for a night's stay and up to 8 days parking...)

FYI. The Drury has a rooftop pool, not an indoor. The Holiday Inn is inside.

We stayed at the Drury in January 2011 and really liked it. It is a few blocks from all the action of the French Quarter but definitely walkable (unless your kids are really little...then it may be a bit tough)

When we were in NOLA this August, we had planned to stay at the Drury again but they had discontinued their park and cruise package so we stayed at the Holiday Inn on Royal instead. ($149.99 for a night's stay and up to 8 days parking...)

FYI. The Drury has a rooftop pool, not an indoor. The Holiday Inn is inside.

Thanks for the response. As we are going in April, I think an indoor pool might be nicer. I could check myself, but if anyone knows, is the Drury pool heated and will it be swimming weather outside in April? Our daughter will be 12 when we sail, so she definately can walk the distance. At least I hope she can, we have many places we want to go to, the cemetary, the scary tour (ok, can't think of the name right now), take the street car, and I am sure much more. :D

How about a Marriott brand hotel that would be good for a family of four (2 kids ages 8 and 12) we will not have a car, so no worries about parking ;)

My husband travels a lot for works so we have points to use.

I am really excited to tour New Orleans. That was one of the reasons I booked this cruise (Navigator).

Archived