Hawaii

SANDEE

Hi Everyone, Could anyone tell me if the weather would be better at Christmas or March? Planning to take this cruise just struggling with the best time to go. Any suggestions would be great. Have a nice Easter.

Sandee

We have gone in January and May. We got lucky in May with the ocean like glass. However I knew 2 different people who went at that time who had rough seas. In the January cruise, it was 8-12' seas going and coming but the ship handled it well. We were never sick.

Sue

We've just returned from the 3/14 Hawaii sailing on the Golden Princess. We experienced overcast skies and cool temps on most of the sea days. Once we arrived in Hawaii, the temperatures were extremely comfortable and the skies were sunny. Altho we were very optimistic about our sea days back to the Mainland, we did have part sun but cool temps, so no outdoor activities. When we stopped in Ensenada, the temperature was only 51 degrees at 5 pm. Brr!! That certainly wouldn't stop us from booking this wonderful cruise again in the near future. The sea days were wonderfully relaxing!

With all due respect...Since you're already online, maybe a site like http://www.hawaiigaga.com/WeatherGuide.aspx will be more detailed and helpful than asking random strangers for anecdotal evidence, especially as the title of your thread gives no hint of what about Hawaii you want to know...

Hmmm, not very nice. Aren't we here to ask "random strangers" their opinions?

I've cruise in Oct., Dec, Feb, March and April to Hawaii. (Live near the L.A pier)

Anyway, I've had great luck with the weather in all of those months with the exception of the first sea day in October. You really just never know because the weather can change in a heartbeat.

Sooooooooo, that being said, in Hawaii the weather is usually always warm and I would choose the month most convenient for you.

We've just returned from the 3/14 Hawaii sailing on the Golden Princess. We experienced overcast skies and cool temps on most of the sea days. Once we arrived in Hawaii, the temperatures were extremely comfortable and the skies were sunny. Altho we were very optimistic about our sea days back to the Mainland, we did have part sun but cool temps, so no outdoor activities. When we stopped in Ensenada, the temperature was only 51 degrees at 5 pm. Brr!! That certainly wouldn't stop us from booking this wonderful cruise again in the near future. The sea days were wonderfully relaxing!

Wow! I have never had chilly weather in Ensenada. You just never know.:eek:

We just sailed Golden P to Hawaii from LA on 29th Feb and Hawaii was uncharacteristically very very wet, our seas out of LA were not too rough at all but we heard the previous sailing had very rough seas and a lot of movement.

So its probably the luck of the draw, I'd do it again in a heartbeat and probably will next year or whenever there is a good rate offered, i.e $1k or less for an inside for the 14 days.

We just sailed Golden P to Hawaii from LA on 29th Feb and Hawaii was uncharacteristically very very wet, our seas out of LA were not too rough at all but we heard the previous sailing had very rough seas and a lot of movement.

So its probably the luck of the draw, I'd do it again in a heartbeat and probably will next year or whenever there is a good rate offered, i.e $1k or less for an inside for the 14 days.

We received a similar report from a friend of ours who was in Hawaii on business for 14 days during the same period. She said she had two days of sun and 12 days of nothing but rain.

A crap shoot indeed.

Wow! I have never had chilly weather in Ensenada. You just never know.:eek:

When we were in that port in January 2011, Ensenada was in the 50s. Like about 90 percent or more of the passengers on board the Golden, we stayed on the ship.

To the OP, to better answer your question, are you talking about just the weather in Hawaii, or about the entire cruise.

Besides our two holiday time cruises to Hawaii, I've had land trips to Hawaii in November and late Feb./early March. Usually Hawaii will have pleasant temperatures no matter what time of year you go. You may have rain, but since it's not cold, it's fine. I even experienced gale-force winds on Kauai in March, but it was interesting to be in a hot tub with the rain falling on us.

You may have cool weather leaving LA on the Hawaiian cruises between November and March. It was raining here in LA the last two weekends and in the 50s (at least where I live). But on one of our cruises, there was a warm spell in January so it was in the 80s when we got to Ensenada.

As for sea conditions, it could be a bit rough at any time of year due to a current (but you could be lucky and have relatively smooth seas).

Archived