What age were you when you started cruising?

cruzlovr75

I was 21 when i started. 8 years later i have been on 16. My goal is to reach 100...i think i need to pick up the pace lol Parents always went when i was younger. Wish i bugged them to go along!

Matt

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Hi! I noticed CC members who have a lot of cruises posted on there profile. I was just curious to see what age range people were when they started cruising? How many years have you been cruising? :)

I actually went on my first cruise with my grandmother and grandfather when I was 14 with RCL. I don't remember a lot of it besides my sister and I never went to the cabin. We wanted to hang out with the cute boys on the ship and my grandma got mad because we stayed out until 6am and she was worried about us. I never understood why (:D). We having so much fun being boy crazy!!! :p

I did not cruise again until I was 33. That is when my DH and I found our love for cruising. It's all we ever do now when vacationing and we just can't stop. I am turning 35 in May and we are getting ready to go on our 3rd cruise at the end of this month and will hopefully book our next one while on that cruise or shortly afterward.

First cruise was in 1968 when I was 16 years old. Those were the days - ladies in mink stoles, evening gowns and long white gloves in the evening, tuxes or white dinner jackets on the men on all sea nights, depending on the location of the ship. The nights we were in port the men still had to have jacket and ties on to enter the dining room and the ladies wore cocktail dresses. Live orchestra playing during dinner. If you wanted filet mignon or lobster every night you could have it. Cocktails were

35 cents each and as long as parents approved there was no drinking age. And the price for this - $600.00 per person for the first 2 in the cabin and $100.00 for the 3rd person for a 14 night cruise out of NYC to the Caribbean and this was the Christmas cruise - other dates much cheaper! We did the same cruise on the sister ship in 1969 and the 3rd person went for FREE and no increase in price on the first two passengers.

Wow! that would have been so cool to go then! Not just the prices but seeing the ladies and gents all dowled up. I like stuff like that... and I feel its the way to go. Hehe.

My first cruise was on the Carnival Celebration in 2007. I was 50 and DH was 56. I had so much fun. I closed the night club the first night!

I don't fly so we hardly ever took a vacation. One day I decided to do some research on cruising. I figured I can't fly but I most certainly can swim. So, I booked the Celebration 5 years ago and I'm going on my 13th cruise next month! :D

My first cruise was in 2004, DH and I were both 55 and we'd never considered cruising. But we are both big NASCAR fans and our favorite driver was having a fanclub cruise so we thought what the heck.

Famous last words! We were hooked.:D

Our 2 boys want to go on another too! They loved the first one so much its all they talk about! I have been researching our family vacation for next year. I was looking at Florida as well, and you are right when it all basically adds up the same cost as a cruise. I should ask the kids what they want, cruise or disney!?

This KID want's both, pleeeeze!:p:o

That's what I am thinking about doing next year. DH and I will be turning the big 40. He wants Disney and I want cruise...so I thought, how about both. 5 days at Disney and then a 4 or 5 day cruise after. I just gotta figure out which cruise. And since we're looking at 8/2013, I am waiting for all the itins to come out (still waiting on the Fantasy and Sensation).

In 2009 we did the Disney Land and Sea package. It was 3 days at the park then a 4 day Disney cruise. My DH and I love Disney, our youngest DS just loves to travel wherever we do, our oldest DS just wants to stay home. We packed in a lot in those 3 days at the park. We were exhausted and ready to cruise!

My first cruise was in 2004, DH and I were both 55 and we'd never considered cruising. But we are both big NASCAR fans and our favorite driver was having a fanclub cruise so we thought what the heck.

Famous last words! We were hooked.:D

There is a NASCAR cruise?????? My DH and I would LOVE that! Especially if my beloved # 39 was there!

My first cruise was in 2000 and I was 45! Sure wish I had been able to get my DH on a cruise sooner! Took my late FIL booking it and inviting us to get him to go. Now we LOVE our time at sea!

My first cruise was when I was 5 year old. It was a repositioning cruise for the Noordam III. From that time on I was hooked on cruising. Now 27 years later I have over 32 cruises under my belt and looking to do it the rest of my life.

DH and I were 25 - we celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary at sea. Also celebrated our 2nd at sea. Took a long break, but started cruising again when our kids were 4/7. They are now going on their 14th or 15th cruise - all before age 21! Boy, how times have changed!:D

15ish. My grandmother took me and my 16 yr old cousin for our 16th birthdays. It was a 3 day and didn't really remember it that much

My next one was 2010 to Alaska, and DH's first on that one. Got him hooked and made me happy

34 for me. Our first cruise was for my Dh's 35th birthday. We thought it would be a once in a lifetime trip and we are leaving on #12 in a few weeks. :D:eek:

Same here, we were both 31 and celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary. Thought it would be a once in a lifetime "special" trip. 28 years later, we just got back from our 20th cruise and looking forward to next year on the Liberty like it were our first!!

Archived