Hal'sTender List

billroddy

Those are the "normal" ones, but other ports can become tender ports under some circumstances. We were once at Castries St Lucia when another ship was occupying the berth we were supposed to have. I don't know if they didn't leave on schedule or arrived unexpectedly, but in any event we tendered. Also, St Thomas is sometimes a tender port for HAL.

There are some exceptions the other way too. Sometimes there's a dock that isn't reliably available and it becomes free at the last minute. They aren't on the list but perhaps that's because HAL isn't currently booked to go there. We were told Ny Alseund was a tender port but Prinsendam docked there literally at the last minute last summer. Nuku Alufu was listed as a tender port for both the Amsterdam and Crystal Serenity last year and in both cases a dock opened up he night before arrival. The Zaandam also docked in Sanya China on my visit there. The list is a wonderful guide but you do need to be prepared for changes.

Roy

We were docked at some of those ports listed as tender on more than one visit there. The Norway and Iceland ports I remember well. We docked every time at some of them.

The Prinsendam docked at South Queensferry, although the E-dam and Rotterdam were tender.

That list may be a fair guide, but it is not even close to absolute.

Archived