Cruising on Weight Watchers...

birdie16

I also learned just yesterday that a mojito is lower in calories--I think about 125.

I'm on LA Weight Loss and have lost 32 lbs. so far with 18 to go. I had expected to have lost it all by now but got stuck for a month. First cruise since losing is 2 weeks from today, and I know it will be tough with all that food everywhere. Like others I plan to do lots of walking and maybe use the gym, too.

Good luck and hooray for all the losers--in this case losing is a good thing.

Thanks for the tips on drinks to avoid and try!! I'm going to try a wine spritzer. Is there a way to find out what is going to be on the dining room menu before I go on my cruise? I am trying to figure out what to eat on the cruise. Planning ahead really works for me. Also is there a charge to use the treadmill or is use of the gym included with the cruise?

Thanks for the tips on drinks to avoid and try!! I'm going to try a wine spritzer. Is there a way to find out what is going to be on the dining room menu before I go on my cruise? I am trying to figure out what to eat on the cruise. Planning ahead really works for me. Also is there a charge to use the treadmill or is use of the gym included with the cruise?

I REALLY enjoyed walking the top deck. The Explorer had it marked out, 5 times around = 1 mile. I posted last night and was thinking about this today. Even though I gained 3 pounds on my trip I think I made a lot of healthy choices which made the transition back to real live easier.

Hey Gang!

We booked a cruise for September 7 two weeks ago, I am 7 lb down so far and hope to be another 14 down by the time the cruise comes around. I hope, I stress, HOPE to stick to some sort of point system while cruising. I am just going to fill up on veggies, skip all the between meal snacking and walk a lot. Maybe this will be the cruise that I don't come home 10 lbs heavier LOL

Does anyone have any low fat, low sugar cocktail ideas?

Keep counting those points, and the very best of luck to you all!

Cheers!

Sheila

• 3 weeks later...

Barbaragrace,

Do you have an actual count on a mojito? My husband loves them.

Both of us love food, especially good food. We are soooo tempted by an excellent presentation. Therefore, we do tend to order a lot of "bad" things when cruising. Since cruise food is not always as wonderful as it looks, we learned to do this. If we see something tempting on the menu, we order it. I take one bite, hold it in my mouth and really taste it. Then I ask myself if it is really, really worth the points. If not, I don't eat it. If it is, then I eat it and don't beat myself up. I still try to only eat half of it. We eat lunch in the main dining room so we won't be tempted by the buffet. This works for me because I have learned that if I deny myself too much while on vacation, I build up enough resentment to binge when I get home. :(

Archived