Size of bathrooms in HC cabins

Are the bathrooms a bit bigger in the handicapped cabins? I'm planning a trip with my sister and she needs a bit bigger bathroom/shower if that's available through the HC cabins. Otherwise, I am assuming the suites have the bigger bathrooms?

Yes, they are bigger. You can get a wheel chair in them.

Are the bathrooms a bit bigger in the handicapped cabins? I'm planning a trip with my sister and she needs a bit bigger bathroom/shower if that's available through the HC cabins. Otherwise, I am assuming the suites have the bigger bathrooms?

There are modified cabins, and handicapped cabins...depending on the ship.

We were in a modified cabin (last minute booking) on the Destiny, and yes, you had wider doors (entry and bathroom), but the shower itself was only slightly larger and had no "lip" to the doorway to get into the bathroom and the shower. We have seen the handicapped cabin on the Miracle (4205) and it is much larger, both in cabin size and bathroom size...this is the type of cabin you would need for a wheelchair.

Not sure what ship you are looking to sail on, but if you check out cruiselinerooms dot com, you can see photos taken by fellow cruisers for alot of the cabins.

There is also a forum on CC's site for "Special Interest Cruising" with a subheading for "Disabled Cruise Travel".

Have a great cruise !

Archived