Ship not filled.. Higher chance of an upgrade from IGT??

yoyomum

I am checking the availability for our fantasy cruise next month leaving may 12 and there are still many cabins available and most are gty as well as igt and vgt still available. I booked igt and we have yet to receive our room assignments. Any chance for us getting upgraded to oceanview or verandah?? 0or am I just dreaming??:) with the ship not being filled, maybe it is a possibility???

I am checking the availability for our fantasy cruise next month leaving may 12 and there are still many cabins available and most are gty as well as igt and vgt still available. I booked igt and we have yet to receive our room assignments. Any chance for us getting upgraded to oceanview or verandah?? 0or am I just dreaming??:) with the ship not being filled, maybe it is a possibility???

If you booked the restricted fare IGT you will only get an inside cabin....thats part of the restriction.

If you booked the restricted fare IGT you will only get an inside cabin....thats part of the restriction.

Really? I thought IGT was inside or better... Same with other categories, you can go up but not down... We are booked on the same cruise as the OP with two rooms, one IGT and one VGT and I cannot wait!

Really? I thought IGT was inside or better... Same with other categories, you can go up but not down... We are booked on the same cruise as the OP with two rooms, one IGT and one VGT and I cannot wait!

I believe GTY is whatever category you book or better. But this doesn't apply to IGT, OGT or VGT.

Just keep checking your online reservation! We booked a obstructed view outside stateroom and we were upgraded to a Verandah! We sail on may 5th (Fantasy) and we found out about the upgrade about 2 1/2 weeks ago...

It can happen at any time!

...but everyone above is right.... there are restrictions! We booked a GTY where upgrades are not restricted

I believe GTY is whatever category you book or better. But this doesn't apply to IGT, OGT or VGT.

Just keep checking your online reservation! We booked a obstructed view outside stateroom and we were upgraded to a Verandah! We sail on may 5th (Fantasy) and we found out about the upgrade about 2 1/2 weeks ago...

It can happen at any time!

...but everyone above is right.... there are restrictions! We booked a GTY where upgrades are not restricted

As noted: the GT bookings (last minute restricted fares) are set as to type of room I=inside; O=oceanview; and V=verandah.

the GTY bookings (guarantee reservations) are by category of room: so you may book a 9C GTY but you may receive a 9C or above assignment.

:)

We are GTY VGT for May 12th. We have rec'd assignement yet, but hope we do so soon.

But I agree with PP if you read restriction for IGT and OGT and VGT you will mostly like not get upgraded but I guess there is always that chance.

Missy

I'm not up to speed on all of DCL's igt, vgt, etc. although I'm learning from reading the posts here. We booked GTY and got a great verandah upgrade. Whether or not you get an upgrade, you'll have a great time on our beautiful new ship!!!

Yes, I'm on the May 12th also. :)

I'm not up to speed on all of DCL's igt, vgt, etc. although I'm learning from reading the posts here. We booked GTY and got a great verandah upgrade.

As PP said, you didn't book a GTY category, per se. You booked a particular category that DCL gave you a GTY assignment. This assignment entitled you to the category you've booked, or any category above it anywhere on the ship. For example, you may have a cat 9A GTY booking and I have a cat 11B GTY booking, and you assigned a cat 4A cabin and I got a cat 11B cabin.

IGT, OGT and VGT are actually categories each with a distinct price. DCL only offers IGT/OGT/VGT on certain ship/date when it is not selling well.

As PP said, you didn't book a GTY category, per se. You booked a particular category that DCL gave you a GTY assignment. This assignment entitled you to the category you've booked, or any category above it anywhere on the ship. For example, you may have a cat 9A GTY booking and I have a cat 11B GTY booking, and you assigned a cat 4A cabin and I got a cat 11B cabin.

IGT, OGT and VGT are actually categories each with a distinct price. DCL only offers IGT/OGT/VGT on certain ship/date when it is not selling well.

I figured out the first part when I booked an 8C GTY and ended up in a 4A; it was just the IGT/OGT/VGT I was still a little fuzzy on. I'm thinking the May 12 Fantasy must not be selling well at all. They did a major sale on VGTs the week before they upgraded me to a verandah. I was scared they were going to sell all of them and I wouldn't even have a chance. They didn't. Works for me!!

Archived