When do you get offered an upgrade in cabin?

Fireflymkz76

Or is it only offered to certain people? Our cruise is June 18 and I was hoping to be offered one at a great rate

I don't know the answer to your question,but I was curious as to what ship on June 18 we are on the triumph leaving from Galveston that day :)

We are 31 days out and I got a call today offering me an "upgrade" to a deluxe suite for the low low price of $1090.00. I declined. A gentleman on my roll call got the same call, but they only asked him for $880.00. He declined as well. Maybe you will have better luck!

I never get a call either. I always investigate myself and snag upgrades if the price drops. I went from a 1a to a 4d on the elation for the same rate of 239.00 a person. Granted it is still an inside but is midship, 1 floor down from the atrium. Just keep your eye out.

I don't know why they call some and not others. I've booked two CCL cruises and after booking my 1st one (in 2010), I got an upsell call. And just 2 days ago I got an upsell call on my upcoming cruise. I was so excited when they called, but I was not interested in the offers (didn't like the cabin locations), and decided to stick with what I already had. I told the rep. if they could offer the upgrade at no extra charge, I'd be glad to consider it, and we laughed...:) He said they had some cancellations and were calling some past guests with the offer. I thanked him and told him to pls. keep me on any future upsell call lists...

We got a call just a few days before our cruise a few years ago. We upgraded to a suite for $900 more. It was more than I planned on spending, but with the kids it was nice having the extra space in the room. If your lucky enough to get a call and dont mind paying a little extra, its well worth it!

We are 31 days out and I got a call today offering me an "upgrade" to a deluxe suite for the low low price of $1090.00. I declined. A gentleman on my roll call got the same call, but they only asked him for $880.00. He declined as well. Maybe you will have better luck!

They probably start calling people and offering it at a higher price, then drop it as they go down the list. That way they try to get as much as they can for the room.

I just upgraded on the Triumph - Balcony on Upper all the way up to Panorama Deck for $30. It was crazy! Came via email. Sailing 5/21/12

My sister and I are on the Triumph May 7th and I originally booked an inner room pack and go special (cheapest room they had) Category 4A. A while later the price dropped and they had Balcony for only $75 more per person so I paid the $150 and got a Balcony on 10th floor, Category 8A. Then the price of the aft facing balcony (which are twice as big as regular balcony) dropped to the same price I paid so I changed to 7th floor Category 8M. This will be my 9th cruise with Carnival (my 3rd on the Triumph) but I've never received an upgrade/upsale call. I leaned on this cruise to help myself to those upgrades by watching the prices! :D

Or is it only offered to certain people? Our cruise is June 18 and I was hoping to be offered one at a great rate

Usually the last 4 weeks before the cruise. They start shuffling around cabins and it can happen right up to the day you embark. Good luck and have a great cruise.

Archived