Electric outlets on the Dawn

kwc0127

I am sailing on the Dawn next month and had heard that the outlets in the cabin were not the standard 3 prong ones. I have to bring a CPAP machine and wanted to be sure I could plug it in. Does anyone know if the outlets are 120v standard ones?

Thanks!

We travel with a CPAP and you definately need to bring an extension cord. On the Dawn, the way the outlets are arranged in the bed area, an extension cord is a must. I have read that you can sign out a power strip from customer service if you need one. However, they only have limited quantities and you have to bring it back or they will charge your cabin for it. Since you need the machine the last night of your cruise, I would think that returning the power strip to Customer Service in the morning before you leave the ship would be an extra hastle. Customer Service gets lines of people regarding their final bills the last morning.

DH also uses a CPAP and we have an extension cord packed in our carryon at all times. Also consider buying a power converter so you can use the 220 outlet (not just for the CPAP). (BTW, your CPAP is probably capable of using the 220 outlet; they generally are set up for dual voltage.)

• 2 weeks later...

Remember that if your device works on both 110 and 220 v. you don't need a converter, just an adapter to plug it in. Most elecrical devices are dual voltage now. We use the European plug in with an adapter for our computer, phone and camera chargers, curling iron, etc. There should be a notice somewhere on the cord that will say if it is dual voltage or not. This is a great way to get another outlet.

Archived