Other things to do

yoyomum

Any other suggestions for where to go in Cozumel - we are not interested in going to the beach nor going to Ruins. Any suggestions?? Is there a town you can walk around and sightsee and a good place to eat?? Also, we are travelling with a 3 year old so somewhere a bit convenient from the ship.. thanks!

Yes, San Miguel is full of restaurants, great little shops and fun things for visitors.

You can walk along the Malecon, check out the Mercado (central market), go to the Museum, or any number of places along the main drag. Los Cinco Soles is a nice place for shopping (I loved that place!), but there are several stores a little further inland where you can find great deals on souvenirs.

There are lots of nice places to eat--depends on what you're looking for. This recent thread might help with your choices.

For more specific suggestions, you might want to check out the TripAdvisor, Cozumel My Cozumel or Cozumel Insider sites. I love Pancho's Backyard, but there are lots of other restaurants (La Choza, Casa Denis, La Candela, etc) that get raves on these boards.

If all goes according to plan, I'll be scoping out all of these places in October! :D

Have fun!

Any other suggestions for where to go in Cozumel - we are not interested in going to the beach nor going to Ruins. Any suggestions?? Is there a town you can walk around and sightsee and a good place to eat?? Also, we are travelling with a 3 year old so somewhere a bit convenient from the ship.. thanks!

There are 3 piers in Cozumel. You might want to check the cruise ship schedule to determine which pier your ship will use. If your ships docks downtown it's an easy walk into town. If you do not dock downtown, you will have to take a taxi into town. Check here for taxi fares.

As mentioned, there are a lot of places to eat. Search the Cozumel forum and you should find lots of reviews. Here's a link that will get you started.

I just found this thread for the best place to eat - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1517957 It's 3 pages so opinions vary.

DSCN2491.jpg.701b99c75e12c0e1e709f95feb43d4f1.jpg

DSCN2502.jpg.1e0bdf3d0daa1fdac01df20f4836caa4.jpg

DSCN2564.jpg.f5dff410a738a57bd019d0937bf1f7a8.jpg

I'd also like the same kind of suggestions.

Are you interested in Photography? I found this tour on Tripadvisor which combines walking tour and photography :

http://cozumelphototour.blogspot.com/ which also provides an interesting link to a blog report from someone who took the tour.

Another tour for a change would be one of the food tours -

http://www.cozumelchef.com/services/food-tours/

Archived