Big Price Difference

NYDee

Would anyone have any suggestions as the reason the exact same Sky 1 suite on the Reflection would have a $1400 difference on the 3/23/2013 and 4/6/2013 sailing. We had reserved S1 1665 for the 3/23 sailing. When checking today I noticed that the 4/6 sailing was $1400 less. I called and changed our reservation. They are the same itineraries.

Exactly -- the week before Easter is incredibly popular, and will often have much higher priced fares than the week after Easter, especially in those years where Easter is late, but even in the years when Easter falls earlier. You have seen the effect -- week before Easter will mean more kids, too.

Would anyone have any suggestions as the reason the exact same Sky 1 suite on the Reflection would have a $1400 difference on the 3/23/2013 and 4/6/2013 sailing. We had reserved S1 1665 for the 3/23 sailing. When checking today I noticed that the 4/6 sailing was $1400 less. I called and changed our reservation. They are the same itineraries.

I'm thinking that April may be the last month in the Caribbean for the Reflection since I see it in the Mediterrean starting in May? Unless I am looking at the wrong year. I am also on the 4/6/2013 sailing in AQ 1614!

Actually this cruise leaves one week after Easter. So that isn't the reason. The more expensive one was for the week before Easter.

Yes, many school districts have the week from Palm Sunday to Easter Sunday as spring break, which is the week BEFORE Easter. It's cheaper once Easter is over and more school districts are back in session.

Yep, so going after Easter will get you a less expensive cruise AND way fewer kids.

There are some school districts that do spring break the week after Easter, too, but if you are leaving a full week after Easter you should have way, way fewer kids.

We had 600 kids on Millennium the week before Easter this year!!! Sounds, like it would be loud, but it was really not too bad.

Archived