Voyager SOLD OUT! Any ideas?

JF4300

I am booked on the VOS leaving Cape Liberty Nov. 18th in a Junior Suite. My grandson would like to join us on this cruise but apparently our JS cannot accommodate a third passenger. Because the ship is SOLD OUT the agent at RCCL told us it would be impossible to put a third person in the cabin.

Should I wait until the final payments are due to see if anyone drops out? Do you think this is realistic?

Could change ships but the price was great on this sailing.

Any ideas????

Our ship (VoS as well) was sold out of triple bookings as well, but around the time that final payment was due, a few triples opened up (as well as an owner's suite).

I'd say you definately could wait till final payment an make the change then...

There is an chance that you could be SOL... but... if you are sold on going on Voyager, I'd wait.

I am booked on that cruise myself and we have a very nice roll call going if you would like to join in ...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=89948

Second, one of the members of our group is working with an agent in Cleveland and had a few cabins left last month. Come on over to the roll call and you can check and see if there are any more available. (bimmerlil is who you need to ask)

Third, I am willing to bet that there will be some cabins available as we get closer to the cruise date. There is bound to be a few people who back out.

My relatives are currently on a Serenade sailing that was sold out months in advance. I was amazed how many different cabins opened up 2 weeks in advance. However, the price per person had doubled.

I hope you get to take your grandson - mine is always the highlight of my trips!

You should do what the other posters have suggested because THOSE ARE REALLY GOOD IDEAS!!! Find an agent who is holding group space and if that does not work then wait for final payment because things invariably open up.

I would check and see if your room really can't accomodate a 3rd person or if they can't book a third person in it because they've met their maximum number of passengers. It's probably that the JS can accomodate your grandson, they just can't book him in the room now. It is quite likely that as final payment get closer and cabins on hold are returned and/or people decide to cancel space will open up and you will probably be able to add your grandson and keep your current room. I'd keep checking and see what opens up.

Archived