Vows

Hi all those married or soon to be married on RCCL, did you get to choose your vows or were they standard?

Im getting married onboard whilst in St Thomas and was just wondering what my vows would be.

Can anyone help or advice?

Thanks xx :o

Royal Caribbean sent me the standard vows for our port (apparently, they vary by location). They weren't quite what we wanted, so we wrote our own. We started with the RC version, and added some specific things we wanted included -- an opening prayer, some small adjustments to the the actual vows, a wine ceremony (in place of unity candle) and closing with the Appache Wedding blessing. If you do write your own, or your own version, make sure you submit them to RC first, to make sure they are legal :eek:

Hi all those married or soon to be married on RCCL, did you get to choose your vows or were they standard?

Im getting married onboard whilst in St Thomas and was just wondering what my vows would be.

Can anyone help or advice?

Thanks xx :o

I know you are asking about RCCL, but maybe this experience will help. We got married with Princess and we were contacted by the Non-Denominational Officiant about a month or two before our wedding. We had requests, such as no mention of "death" as in "death do you part." We wanted it positive in every way. He talked with each of us alone (long distance) for at least 15 minutes each. The vows he did were so beautiful!!! It was like he really knew us and did a great job. We only had 15 guests and they were all in tears by the end.

We are getting married next Friday on RCCL Monarch out of Port Canaveral. I asked them about their traditional vows because we didn't want things such as "til death do us part" instead wanting "as long as we both shall live" and little variations like that. She sent me their traditional vows which also had 6 variations I believe it was and said we could make any adjustments we wanted. So, we ended up picking one of the variations and then including the specific changes we wanted to it. I have the email still if you would like me to forward it to you. Just post your email address :)

We are getting married next Friday on RCCL Monarch out of Port Canaveral. I asked them about their traditional vows because we didn't want things such as "til death do us part" instead wanting "as long as we both shall live" and little variations like that. She sent me their traditional vows which also had 6 variations I believe it was and said we could make any adjustments we wanted. So, we ended up picking one of the variations and then including the specific changes we wanted to it. I have the email still if you would like me to forward it to you. Just post your email address :)

That would be great, thank you very much. I like the sound of your variations and never thought about making changes to them!

My email address is ginalewis130284@aol.com

Best of luck with your wedding. xxx

Archived