Day trip from Livorno

MIZEEKS

Hi,

My wife (wheelchair user) and I are looking for info on accessible day trips from Livorno Livorno/Pisa/Lucca/Siena/San Gimignano? for example. Not particularly enthused by prospect of museum/art gallery visits Any recommendationd for suitable tour companies most welcome.

Mike.

Hi,

My wife (wheelchair user) and I are looking for info on accessible day trips from Livorno Livorno/Pisa/Lucca/Siena/San Gimignano? for example. Not particularly enthused by prospect of museum/art gallery visits Any recommendationd for suitable tour companies most welcome.

Mike.

Five years ago when I was in Livorna, there were taxis all lined up by the port that offer tours. The taxies were not accessible but if your wife is able to transfer from the chair to the car seat , the wheelchair could be loaded in the trunk if collapsable. You need to get off the ship when first dcoked to be able to get one of the taxis. They're very organized and have photo books of the what they offer and will even taylor to suite your needs. The nice thing about taking the taxi tour is that many of the surrounding towns have stone walls that tour buses can fit through. The taxi's can. In Pisa that drive was able to drive us right up to the bearer leading directing to the leaning tower. We drove all through the Tuscon region. Offered to pay for luch for the drive but he would not accept out offer but took us to wonder places that only local eat at.

Hi,

We were in Livorno last November. We got the shuttle into Livorno as its quite a way into town from the dockside.

They drop you off near a square and inside near the McDonalds is a tourist office.

They had an accessible coach (with lift) going to Pisa for 15 Euros each but I think we only paid 20.

Stops a way out of Pisa and its a bit of a find to the tower but we had a good 2-3 hours there.

Livorno had a market on but only in the morning when we went. Afternoon it was very quiet as I think it was siesta time.

Worth a try for the cost of the shuttle, you might get lucky with the coach which I think did 2 or 3 runs into Pisa.

Enjoy

Daz and Lou

Archived