Obstructed Equinox Balcony

ChicaChic

We were booked on an Aqua Class cabin in the hump of the eclipse for next March. When I found out the cabin was a partial block due to window washing equipment storage, I changed cabins.

We had the same situation in Alaska a few years ago on the summit. We called the Hotel Manager and he said there was nothing they could do. "That is where the equipment is stored when not in use". The upside was the the Hotel Manager sent us many bottle of wine throughout the cruise, but the fact was our view was partially blocked.

You spend a good deal on a cruise, My feeling is that I want to avoid problems if I can, so I made the change.

Hope this helps, George and Louise in Huntley Il

We were booked on an Aqua Class cabin in the hump of the eclipse for next March. When I found out the cabin was a partial block due to window washing equipment storage, I changed cabins.

We were on Silhouette last January and were beside Eclipse when in St. Maarten and both shipS had the washing platforms parked at the stern and not at the hump. The only stateroom view blocked by these were the side view from the balconies of the deck 10 aft corner S1 suites.

attachment.php?attachmentid=230733&d=1334927344

DSC09484b.jpg.bdd5f70d54654692f46174ce48fc207b.jpg

We had the same situation in Alaska a few years ago on the summit. We called the Hotel Manager and he said there was nothing they could do. "That is where the equipment is stored when not in use". The upside was the the Hotel Manager sent us many bottle of wine throughout the cruise, but the fact was our view was partially blocked.

You spend a good deal on a cruise, My feeling is that I want to avoid problems if I can, so I made the change.

Hope this helps, George and Louise in Huntley Il

Well, that wwe is a minor obstruction that you can see through, just an open metal box. We never even noticed it after the first day. It in no way compares to the 2c and 2d obstructions. I think a 2c would be okay, as stated, but a 2d is 2 much!!

We booked a Guarantee and had a 2C verandah on Continental deck last October for our E Med cruise on Equinox. The top of a lifeboat was about 10-15 feet away and about even with the floor of our balcony. I could easily see out over it to the shoreline and water in the distance, but couldn't see down to the water near the ship. At night there were lights reflecting off the orange lifeboats so brightly we couldn't see the stars. Of course we took that cruise mainly due to the ports and we got an incredible price. The cabin itself was by far the best cruise cabin we've had in 8 cruises (inc. RC, Princess, and Carnival), the ship itself is gorgeous, and the service was superb.

For the future on Celebrity S-class cruises my decision of whether to get a Guarantee/2C vs. 2B or higher will be determined mainly by price. If it saves several hundred $ (as it did in this case), I'll book the guarantee. If it's a smaller difference (maybe < $200), I'd prefer to not have a lifeboat interfering with my views of the sea by day and sky by night.

Archived