Rita's Cantina being replaced by Margaritaville

I heard today that RCI has done a deal with Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville and they'll be replacing Rita's Cantina. As yet there's no time frame for when this will be happening.

I'm personally disappointed by this, I'd rather be able to eat at different places whilst on a cruise. Oh well.

Starbucks, Johnny Rockets, Dreamworks, Coach, Guess and soon Margaritaville. Add Celebrity's Apple, Reidel and Rosetta Stone relationships to the mix and you have to wonder whether RCI is more interested in building cruise ships or floating franchises/corporate alliances? It's not the sea calling; it's your local mall!

Next up: Walmart to replace gift shops.

Nah, that would mean they'd only have 1 store. :)

Since they already have Guess and Coach, maybe they'll add The Gap or The Limited? The "shopping mall" descriptions can be validated...

We'll be able to walk down the promenade and buy things at stores we can find at home. If we want to take a break, lets stop and get a Starbucks. Once we come out of the stores we can let our kids ride the Merry-Go-Round (don't even need change like we do at home). If the store clerk doesn't have a lollipop for the kids we can head over to the candy shop. If we want lunch, we can go up to the "food court" aka Windjammer.

And there was a time when sources were swearing up and down that Radiance was getting a Johnny Rockets to replace the Seaview Cafe. And what did Radiance get instead.....? Oh yeah... a Rita's Cantina! :D

No doubt. But shouldn't the Royal Caribbean "brand" be sufficient to sell Royal Caribbean cruises?

While the "Royal Caribbean" brand sells cruises...I don't think it does much to sell food....the lines of people waiting at Starbucks every time I am on Oasis is proof that people want a product they are familiar with and are willing to pay for it. All I can say is that Margaritaville at universal Studios does great and has lines of people at it all the time waiting....you may ask the same question there....doesn't the "Universal Studios" brand sell itself.....well obviously not as well as Starbucks...Margaritaville....Emerils....Hard Rock....Buba Gump...ect.

While the "Royal Caribbean" brand sells cruises...I don't think it does much to sell food....the lines of people waiting at Starbucks every time I am on Oasis is proof that people want a product they are familiar with and are willing to pay for it. All I can say is that Margaritaville at universal Studios does great and has lines of people at it all the time waiting....you may ask the same question there....doesn't the "Universal Studios" brand sell itself.....well obviously not as well as Starbucks...Margaritaville....Emerils....Hard Rock....Buba Gump...ect.

It would be great to see the seafood shack turn into Bubba gump..

it all sound lik fun to me

Archived