Celebrity Suites? How Good Are The Perks?

curtdesilets

Prepaid gratuities is not slipping $20. to an individual. Prepaid gratuities means NO more tipping while on the cruise. You have fulfilled your tipping

obligation and can hold your head up high.

Thank you for clarifying! But if we decide to slip the butler a few extra greens at the end, all the better!

Thanks and happy cruising!

There' a glass wall w/o a curtain between the bedroom and sitting area?!!

I was not aware of that. That's a deal breaker. The only reason I was considering the suite was I thought it had a separate bedroom which would give us some privacy.

I was thinking the separate cabins were the way to go, I was just wondering if there were any suite benefits we'd be missing that would make the lack of privacy and shared bath worth putting up with.

Thanks for the responses.

Perhaps I should have been a little more precise. The "Glass wall" is frosted glass but does not block the light and, IMHO, I would not feel that it provided sufficient privacy. However, look at the photograph on Celebrity's website before you make up your mind.

Sue

Keep in mind that the suite guarantee on Century are smaller then a Sky suite which is the lower cabin class on all other X ships. They are unique in that they are on the Aft over looking wake, nice but they are about 190 sqft. A little less privacy because the bar overlooks. Not saying for sure that you may not get another suite but for several cruises with parents these were the cabins generally given. Service is great as always but we had to pay in specialty rest. For both sets of parents. Know discount either. This was 18 months ago, who knows now.

Well lucky for us, we got a Sky Suite assigned to us, mid ship right near the elevators. Can't wait to see what it's like. Our highest class previously on Celebrity had been concierge class. Thanks for the info.

• 2 weeks later...
My first post on CC, but I have been a faithful reader for a number of years. Best place in my opinion to find out all about the cruises we want information about and a big thanks goes out to all the people who share here! It's a wonderful site and has been so beneficial in helping people make the most of their cruise experience.

I decided to take the plunge and post about the complimentary dinner in a speciality restaurant for suite guests since I have info on it.

We are booked on the Summit in June, my husband and I in a royal suite and my cousin and wife in a sky suite.

We also stumbled across the page that shows the dinner for all suite guests (not just the S-class) and when we called Celebrity to book our cruise I actually directed my cruise planner to the page for him to see it in writing. He spoke to his supervisor and we were told that because it was there on the site, they had to honor it and they have. I was given the 800 number to call for a reservation and it was taken without a problem for the four of us. I did not have to pay for it up front and then have it reimbursed back on my shipboard account as the agent thought I might have to.

We chose to have dinner in Qsine on the first night of our sailing (figured we'd be starving after that long day.) We had our choice of any night in any restaurant.

My suggestion....call Celebrity and tell them about what is on the site, most of the agents don't even know it states that and if you're lucky as we were, you should be able to get the night and restaurant you want...good luck!

Debbie :)

To follow up on this, I just upgraded to a suite on my upcoming Millennium cruise. I decided to call the 1-800 # to see if I would be able to book a complimentary dinner in a specialty restaurant. The person I spoke with stated that this perk continues to only apply to S-Class ships. I mentioned that a few weeks ago Celebrity's website starting listing this as a perk when you look under a generic suite and makes no mention of it applying to S-Class. I also mentioned that when I log onto My Reservations, view my cruise and click on the view stateroom that this perk is also displayed. Additionally I informer her that there was a recent thread on Cruise Critic about this and that several people have mentioned that they believe M-Class are now entitled to this perk based on the language on Celebrity's website. She insisted that this perk does not apply to M-Class ships and commented that she is a supervisor when I asked to speak to someone else so I could clarify there has not been a change in policy.

She did offer to book me reservations over the phone, but informed me they would not be complimentary. She also stated that she would look into the language on the web site and have it corrected to make it clear that this only applies to S-Class ships.

I also plan to e-mail Captain's Club for clarification on this issue (since it definitely is confusing that Celebrity's website has different language on this on different areas of their website), but at least based on my telephone conversation the perk is meant to only apply to S-Class ships. I personally to not plan to "challenge" this once onboard, but can see how others may feel as though they have a right to demand this perk based on what is stated on Celebrity's website, especially if they did not initially think of it as likely being a mistake.

I will report back if and when I receive a response from Captain's Club.

This appeared through a link on Facebook today:

Celebrity Cruises Expands Already Rich Slate of Suite Offerings

Additional luxury amenities complement 24/7 European butler service and more.

May 01, 2012

Additional services and amenities include priority boarding and debarkation, priority boarding of tenders ashore, one complimentary dinner for two (on 7-night itineraries) or two dinners for two (on 8-night or longer sailings) in one of Celebrity's specialty restaurants, priority selection of dining time, spacious verandas, Hansgrohe showerheads, use of plush Frette bathrobes, oversized 100% cotton bath towels, a pillow menu, fresh cut flowers, daily fresh fruit platter, and a complimentary tote bag.

This appeared through a link on Facebook today:

Celebrity Cruises Expands Already Rich Slate of Suite Offerings

Additional luxury amenities complement 24/7 European butler service and more.

May 01, 2012

Additional services and amenities include priority boarding and debarkation, priority boarding of tenders ashore, one complimentary dinner for two (on 7-night itineraries) or two dinners for two (on 8-night or longer sailings) in one of Celebrity's specialty restaurants, priority selection of dining time, spacious verandas, Hansgrohe showerheads, use of plush Frette bathrobes, oversized 100% cotton bath towels, a pillow menu, fresh cut flowers, daily fresh fruit platter, and a complimentary tote bag.

Right. Now that's two places where they state this perk. Obviously the "supervisor" is not reading Celebrity's press releases. What a surprise.

Sorry guys, but if it's in a press release, they're gonna have to honor it. On all their ships.

As always you get different answers. I called Captains Club and they had no clue of this press release and when they read it, said it only applied to the New Ship Reflection. But article says fleet wide. I am going to print and take with me on the Connie May 5 Trans. And see what they have to say. (-;

Now I was told by a Celebrity Experience Coordinator that the Dinner for suite will be for M Class also but this will not take place until after the Millineum has come out from Soltisizing the middle of this month. Then all ships M and S Class will enjoy the same perks for suites.

However the reserve seating supposedly is now being implemented.

Who knows what to believe?..????

I wish I had seen that press release before I had called; I would have directed the "supervisor" to read it. I will wait and see how things unfold the next couple of days and probably call again in a few days. That press release definitely seems to indicate it applies to M-Class and it no longer appears to me that the new wording on Celebrity's website is a mistake. Host Andy on another related thread said he will try to find out what he can about this issue and post what he hears.

It is looking better for me receiving a freebie at Qsine at the end of the month. :)

Celebrity, if you are reading this, please put me down for two people on May 30th at 7:00pm on the Millennium. :D

Right. Now that's two places where they state this perk. Obviously the "supervisor" is not reading Celebrity's press releases. What a surprise.

Sorry guys, but if it's in a press release, they're gonna have to honor it. On all their ships.

I looked at the deck plan for Century. Murano (their only specialty restaurant) is very tiny, perhaps seats 30 at most. There are about 50 Sky Suites, 8 of the next higher suite, 2 penthouse suites and 9 Century Suites.

The number just will not work if they give away that many free meals.

We are staying in a Sky Suite on Century next month. In the brochure it lists complimentary meal in Murano. Today, I called Celebrity to ask about this. They said on any non-S-class ship, the meal is only available the first night. Hope this clears things up a bit.

I looked at the deck plan for Century. Murano (their only specialty restaurant) is very tiny, perhaps seats 30 at most. There are about 50 Sky Suites, 8 of the next higher suite, 2 penthouse suites and 9 Century Suites.

The number just will not work if they give away that many free meals.

I'm wondering if they have 2 seatings in Murano to accommodate more. And maybe some people will have other plans.

They stagger the seatings in Murano so they can reuse a table - the biggest issue for them is not the seating capacity it is the tiny galley because everything is done to order - they also have to have enough capacity to deliver table side cookings and cope should every guest want a flambe dish. They really do remarkably well in this and you never feel crowded or rushed

I could not agree more after reading the press release again that these benefits are going to be fleet wide. However there out maybe that it is not clear when these changes will take place. I hope your right cause only three more days to paradise on the Connie. (-:

The press release is on their Facebook site as well. I've now seen it in three separate places. In spite of the ignorance of the people answering the phones in Miami or wherever they are, they will have to honor this or have egg on their faces.

I'm wondering if they have 2 seatings in Murano to accommodate more. And maybe some people will have other plans.

Well apparently you can only get the free Murano dining on Century on the first night. We might take advantage of it.

To follow up on this, I just upgraded to a suite on my upcoming Millennium cruise. I decided to call the 1-800 # to see if I would be able to book a complimentary dinner in a specialty restaurant. The person I spoke with stated that this perk continues to only apply to S-Class ships. I mentioned that a few weeks ago Celebrity's website starting listing this as a perk when you look under a generic suite and makes no mention of it applying to S-Class. I also mentioned that when I log onto My Reservations, view my cruise and click on the view stateroom that this perk is also displayed. Additionally I informed her that there was a recent thread on Cruise Critic about this and that several people have mentioned that they believe M-Class are now entitled to this perk based on the language on Celebrity's website. She insisted that this perk does not apply to M-Class ships and commented that she is a supervisor when I asked to speak to someone else so I could clarify there has not been a change in policy.

She did offer to book me reservations over the phone, but informed me they would not be complimentary. She also stated that she would look into the language on the web site and have it corrected to make it clear that this only applies to S-Class ships.

Well I guess this person I spoke to was legit. As of tonight Celebrity's website has already been "fixed" and the perk now clearly is stated as only applying to Solstice Class ships. Will be interesting to see if this is altered though in light of the press release and post on Celebrity's Facebook page that the new suite perks are fleet wide.

• 1 month later...
the link in post # 13 states that only penthouse and royal suite guests are eligible. (djkretired) don't know the age of it.

Celebrity's website has only recently [perhaps a couple of months] been listing a bar set up for suites [PH and RS only]. Initially, when the website started listing a bar set up as a perk, it was one bottle only. I am not sure when, over the few months, it changed to two bottles.

Before then, a bar set up in suites was at the discretion of the Hotel Director and could vary from ship to ship and, even, sailing to sailing. The PH was most likely to get a bar set up, then PH and RS and, least likely, PH, RS and CS.

I have yet to see a report here on Cruise Critic whether anyone in a CS has received a bar set up since Celebrity have started listing it as a perk for the PH and RS.

Sue

How do the staff know that you have paid your gratuities?

We are traveling on the Century in Aug to Alaska.

Do we have to tip anyone during our cruise?

When we get served a drink will the barman expect a tip or do I have to say to everyone 'I've paid the tips up front'...

When we get served a drink will the barman expect a tip or do I have to say to everyone 'I've paid the tips up front'...

Pre-paid gratuities cover dining room and stateroom/suite staff including a number of those in the background you may never see but not bar staff, the spa or any other extras. However, if you have a beverage package, gratuities for beverages are included. The staff covered by the gratuities will know whether or not you have pre-paid from your computer records.

Pre-paid gratuities cover the basic tips. You may wish to add additional tips to those you feel have provided exceptional and/or additional service.

Sue

If you are buying by the drink, a 15% gratuity is added to each drink. There is also a line to add an additional gratuity, if you so wish.

Archived