2.0 tell me all about it!

Topo Gigio

just a ploy to counter the downgrades over the past 5 years, through smoked mirrors. now you can get a burger, and some drinks.

and a dj to play some music.

If I did not know better I would think you hate Carnival.
Trust me, H8 is *not* hating on Carnival... he/she only speaks the truth ;)

From our last cruise on the Liberty: Guy's burgers are great; fries were too spicy for hubby and I. Loved the new bars - looked great - people hung out there much more than I've seen at the "old" bars in those locations. Enjoyed the lunch and bkfast burritos at the Blue Iguana Cantina. The new bar inside (used to be a wine bar) was neat - fun frou frou martinis. Those were the major changes for us, and I thought they were all good changes. Yes - it's a burger joint for a burger joint, and bars for bars - but they are definitely upgrades. I actually really had to consider that our next ship, the Victory, won't have these - sounds silly, but now that I've had these options, I won't appreciate the "old" stuff as much.

I assume all Carnival ships have the Serenity area and the comedian venue by now - those are other major improvements in our eyes.

Does anyone know where they'll be placing these new bars on Dream? It looks like they're getting both the Rum and Tequila bars. I wonder if they'll be replacing the existing poolside bars?

That is what they are doing, facelifts on the existing bars and food stations.

What are the ships that currently have it?

Liberty.

Does anyone remember when they said they would roll out the new Hasbro game shows on the ships. I know this is a 2.0, but the Liberty doesn't have it yet. Actually, there are a few 2.0s that the Liberty has yet to incorporate, to my knowledge.

Thanks for all the replies, but in the end I guess it's nothing more than just trying to get more money out of your pocket(except the burgers)... but hey I will still book the Conquest for November when she comes out of dry dock with the 2.0 enhancements.

I've been pretty skeptical of the direction Carnival has been going. I was pleasantly surprised by the 2.0 upgrades. The new bars and musicians on lido really gave a new vibe to the whole deck. The DJ was MUCH better than what I've experienced in the past and the deck parties were more upbeat.

The Alchemy bar was a nice change and served excellent cocktails. Both the Guy's Burgers and the Blue Iguana burritos were excellent.

There are some cuts I'm not fond of but was pleasantly surprised by the whole 2.0 experience. I'll be curious how it compares to the "old" Carnival when I sail the Pride again in a few weeks.

Want to book the Conquest in November to experience the 2.0 upgrades. What will be different from a "normal" Carnival cruise besides the Guy burgers, Blue Iguana etc?

Much to do about nothing. Basically a few new eating places, and bars.

It's really not much different. I have been on Liberty twice pre and once post 2.0. The iguana bar is a...well just another bar. Guys is just the good old grill with some gussied up burgers. The buritto bar is pretty similar to the old buritto bar. Dressing things up a bit. I actually like the 2.0 upgrades, but don't kid yourself into thinking they are vast improvements.

Other than those new things, everything else seems to be the same as before. Check out all of the recent Liberty reviews, they'll give you a good idea of what the experience is like.

But even the new things are 80% old things, made to look new;)

Did the Miracle get 2.0 or just a regular shampoo and rinse during the recent dry-dock ? I didn't read any reviews from her with the burger joint or iguana place mentioned. I know the serenity is there but is there anything else new on her???

Don't forget Punchliners with Comedy Shows everynight.

I know most ships have some comedy but this is supposed to be an upgrade in frequency and quality entertainment.

I am hoping to work in the Liberty this year for my birthday nd although I have sailed her before, I think the upgrades will add something..:cool:

Don't forget Punchliners with Comedy Shows everynight.

I know most ships have some comedy but this is supposed to be an upgrade in frequency and quality entertainment.

it couldn't get any worse. the last guy we saw, you could hear a pin drop, he was so bad.

and most have resorted to f bombs, like that is going to make bad material better.

Archived