excursions cancelled?

scarface

Do you still have to pay for shore excursions if they are cancelled due to weather?

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Shore_Excursions_FAQs/shore_ex_faq_CancellationPolicy.aspx

What is the cancellation and refund policy in the event of bad weather or unexpected circumstances?

spacer.gifCertain excursions have minimum guest participation requirements and shore excursions may be cancelled or modified depending on the number of guests participating. In the event of cancellation or modification of an excursion, best efforts will be made to provide advance notice. Shore excursions may be cancelled by Carnival or the Tour Operator due to inclement weather conditions, or any other reason whatsoever. Full refunds will be made to guests who purchased cancelled excursions. If the shore excursions are cancelled prior to the sailing, you will receive a refund directly to the credit card used to pay for the shore excursion order. If the shore excursions are cancelled while onboard, the amount of the refund will be credited to your shipboard account.

I think it's worth noting that it is excursions booked through the ship that fall into the category as refundable as outlined above...booking outside the cruise line, you are subject to the refund policies of the tour provider...not the ship/line. Just a clarification for those who may be new to this.... :o

edited for html tags used in error...

I have found that Carnival is great about this! It is one of the perks to booking a shore excursion through them and not privatly.

I have booked both ways and had good experiences with both.

On my Destiny sailing a year and a half ago I had booked 2 excursions in Aruba - both through Carnival. I got back later than planned from the first one and only had about a half an hour to shower and dress for the second one. I went to the Pursers desk and told them that I really just did not feel like rushing around like that and they took my ticket and credited my account right away with no problem.

Archived