14 Day Adriatic Cruise Dock or Tender Ports

Pokeraddict

Can folks that have done this cruise or part of it please advise on these ports as to whether they are dock or tender ports.

Reading through numerous reviews is not giving me the info and its been a fruitless exercise to this point.

I think that 1 or 2 maybe an either or situation but again not sure.

Dubrovnik, Athens (Piraeus) Greece, Izmir Turkey, Split Croatia, Corfu, Santorini, Mykonos, Olympia (Katakolon Greece

Thanks!

Any port can be a tender port if there are enough ships in. Dubrovnik is this way- it can take 3 ships, after that, anchor off old town, which isn't a bad thing in the big picture. By the way, Dubrovnik is in Croatia, and covered by the Other Med Ports board.

Athens docks about 5 or 6 cruise ships. Corfu can only handle 2. Katakalon is a dock, can't remember the size.

Santorini is always a tender operation. Can't answer for Izmir or Split.

Didn't your cruise line indicate this to you on your itinerary?

Any port can be a tender port if there are enough ships in. Dubrovnik is this way- it can take 3 ships, after that, anchor off old town, which isn't a bad thing in the big picture. By the way, Dubrovnik is in Croatia, and covered by the Other Med Ports board.

Athens docks about 5 or 6 cruise ships. Corfu can only handle 2. Katakalon is a dock, can't remember the size.

Santorini is always a tender operation. Can't answer for Izmir or Split.

Didn't your cruise line indicate this to you on your itinerary?

Thanks! The itinerary does not state tender/dock. I have also posted same message on the other Med. port site as well as on NCL page.

The Jade is also the only ship in all the ports that I've listed according to cruisett.com (which I found surprising).

I have the following:

Corfu, Santorini and Mykonos as tender.

I guess there is no easy way to find out for sure. I have two replies on the NCL board and

one says dock the othre says tender for Dubrovnik.

This is the first time I've done these ports by cruise ship and am so use to doing our excursions rather than through the ship I'm finding it a little overwhelming.

Tendering into Dubronik isn't bad, unless you want to get somewhere fast. Docking puts you outside of town, tendering goes into the Old Town. So that is good. If you are tendering and need to get somewhere quickly, trying to get out of the Old Town can be a slow process.

We prayed for tendering, as we wanted easy access to Old Town. Instead we docked.

Tendering into Dubronik isn't bad, unless you want to get somewhere fast. Docking puts you outside of town, tendering goes into the Old Town. So that is good. If you are tendering and need to get somewhere quickly, trying to get out of the Old Town can be a slow process.

We prayed for tendering, as we wanted easy access to Old Town. Instead we docked.

Frankly I'm finding this entire cruise a little overwhelming for many reasons such as I hate and try to avoid cattle herding as much as possible and can honestly say we've avoided it in almost 30 cruises.

I also never do excursions through the cruise ship but may have to do some on this one.

Do you know why the port for Izmir/Turkey or Split/Croatia are not listed on the ports of call or am I missing something?

And thanks for all your input.

PS I normally am not scrambling this late int a cruise but I just booked this on Friday as I saw flights were so cheap out of Toronto and then the cruise price is down drastically so we jumped on it.

• 2 weeks later...
Frankly I'm finding this entire cruise a little overwhelming for many reasons such as I hate and try to avoid cattle herding as much as possible and can honestly say we've avoided it in almost 30 cruises.

I also never do excursions through the cruise ship but may have to do some on this one.

Do you know why the port for Izmir/Turkey or Split/Croatia are not listed on the ports of call or am I missing something?

And thanks for all your input.

PS I normally am not scrambling this late int a cruise but I just booked this on Friday as I saw flights were so cheap out of Toronto and then the cruise price is down drastically so we jumped on it.

Hi Pokeraddict,

We just got off the Jade repo from Barcelona to Venice but called on Dubrovnik and Split. Jade docks now at the new port so requires no tendering. The ship offered a 10eu/pp shuttle bus which we found quick & easy. You go to Guest Svcs to sign up & they put a sticker on your key card.

With many people taking the bus, as soon as it filled up we left. Only a few mins. and when we were through it was right on the bus and back to the port. You can ride it as many times as you want.

Dubrovnik & Split easy to do on your own. We walked the wall and saw all the sites we wanted in Dubrovnik. In Split we DIY, again very easy to go around the old town.

It was our 2nd time on Jade. About 600 Americans and 600 Brits aboard with lots of countries represented.

If I can help in any way (frenzy of last-minute booking, I know, but you got a great price!) just let me know.

Have a great cruise! We're already thinking of a B2B next yr with the Athens-Ephesus week followed by Greek Isles.

Excellent officers & happy friendly crew!:D

Archived