Caribe Balconies??

CMPERG

We are "virgin" cruisers and are sailing with our favorite cousins. Our rooms are on Caribe deck. Our TA has the balcony divider being removed so we can have one large balcony, which sounds exciting. Has anyone stayed in 426? Are the balconies a good size? We are curious as this is all new to us. Am I crazy in saying I have been counting the days for 4 months now. Where have I been all these years by not cruising. Not even on the boat and I feel relaxed just thinking about it!!

The Caribe balconies are larger than others in the BA & BB categories, about the same size as the mini suites on the Dolphin deck. This is true of most Grand Class ships, and it is true of Caribbean Princess as well.

The extra deck Druke1 was referring to is the Riviera deck and the balconies on this deck are the size of the Aloha & Baja decks.

Here is a link to the Caribbean Princess deck plans

http://www.princess.com/ships/cb/deck/cb_caribe_index.html

I must tell you that although the door between the balconies will be unlocked and allow you and your cousins to pass from one to the other, the entire partition will not be removed. At least not on the other Grand class ships, and I doubt that it is so on the CB.

You are in for a real treat! Your cousins are helping you start with the best cruise line!

I meant to post the way to check out all kinds of info on your ship if you do not already know this, and forgot. First, go to http://www.princess.com, then on the blue bar on the top of page click on SHIPS, choose Grand Class and click on Caribbean Princess. You will come to a page that offers various pages of info and you can surf at will.

We loved our extra large Caribe balcony. If we wanted privacy or one day it was sprinkling, we pulled the chairs back under the covered part. When I wanted to lay out in the sun, I put the lounger in the sun. Ours was large enough for a table, two chairs, two reclining chairs and a lounger I requested from the cabin steward. It took a little shifting with the lounger, but it was worth the effort. Best balcony ever!! I much preferred it to the dolphin decks below us which were smaller and completely open. We decided against the mini-suites in favor of the larger Caribe balcony. As I spent a lot of time there reading and relaxing, it was a great choice for us.

Laura

I'm also a big fan of CARIBE deck balconies. To me it's the best of both worlds with 1/2 covered and 1/2 exposed. We had one on the STAR Princess to Alaska. Even though it was a little chilly we had breakfast on the balcony the 1st morning. With the cover it was perfect. The open part made it great for viewing the glaciers.

You done good!!!!!!! Hope you have a great time. :D

We have had Caribe Deck balcony cabins on the Island, the Golden, the Grand and the Caribbean Princess. That is by far the best deck for a balcony cabin! They are deeper and half open to the sun and half shaded (also some privacy :D ). The wall between the balconies doesn't completely come out, your cabin steward will unlock a narrow door between the two balconies and you can walk through to the next one. Take a bungie cord to hold the door open or it will bang in the wind. On our January '06 Sapphire Princess cruise we have 8 Caribe Deck balcony cabins in a row and we will have all the doors open in between them!

Have a SUPER TRIP!!!

PAT

Archived