can you post pics of elegant night attire?

Fireflymkz76

This is my husband and I on our honeymoon. Next month, he's bringing a suit...but I didn't think we looked like a couple schmucks :p do we?

33411_1514603588828_1346590361_1398345_1738342_n.jpg

You guys look very nice! How did you manage to sang a table for two? My fiance and I will be going on our honeymoon cruise next month and want a table for two. One person told me I should email the maitre d. Is that what you did or did you just luck out?

Sorry I don't have any pics, but you will see women wearing everything from just a plain pant outfit, to a Sunday church outfit, to cocktail and evening dresses.

I usually wear a pair of nice slacks with a sparkley top.

we've sailed in summer before, not about to swelter walking on lido deck in formal clothing this time. Elegant dinners - I'm taking 2 cocktail dresses and the mr will leave the suit jacket at home and just wear button down/tie/dress pants, he's thrilled:). Other nights we're going with resort wear: me dressy (club type) tops and capris, the mr going with tommy bahama shirts and kakhis or (gasp) maybe bring some dress shorts and loafers.

You guys look very nice! How did you manage to sang a table for two? My fiance and I will be going on our honeymoon cruise next month and want a table for two. One person told me I should email the maitre d. Is that what you did or did you just luck out?

While I am not them I can answer that question for you. Anytime dining guarantees you a table for two if that is what you want.

BTW in response to OP with the men you will find anything from golf shirts and dockers to suits with most leaning toward the casual end of the spectrum, very few suits or tuxes.

That pic is taken on the Miracle(can't miss the grapes), 2nd floor dining room, on the railing that looks down into the MDR. That is anytime dining and you can always request a table for two. If you want to be on the railing specifically(assuming your ship is set up the same), you can ask for that too. We did and LOVED it!

Here is the view

bermudacruise243.jpg

You can get a table for two if you have early or late dining also. As soon as you get on the ship go directly to the dining room before you do anything else. Ask if they have any available. (there will be a line). We have done this numerous times and were always able to get one.

LAst elegant night, we saw very very few Tuxedos-- like 5 men in tux. Of course it was the end of July in the Bahamas, so it was HOT.

Saw few men's jackets. Saw mostly button down shirts with no jacket and no tie, or polo shirts with chinos.

I wear sundresses and dressy flip flops (like Born style). My daughter wears sundresses and flats and our boys were polos or Hawaiian shirts and chinos for elegant night.

I'm not on my home computer so I don't have any pics to post, but we dressed appropriately each night for dinner, meaning even on the non-elegant nights the men wore dress slacks and either a button down shirt or a polo shirt; dress shoes. The women wore dresses everynight.. but wore fancier ones for the two elegant nights. The men wore jackets and ties on elegant nights. We weren't uncomfortable.. we certainly weren't walking around on the Lido in the hot July air dressed like that. After dinner we changed before we headed to the shows; for one or two hours you're dressed up and look great. We'd dressed like we would going to an evening wedding reception. Actually, I enjoyed doing something out of the box.. we looked damn gooooood ;)

We booked set time dining (6am). I told them it was my honeymoon, so I guess they just booked us for a table for 2. I didn't call them or anything. The rookie in me just assumed that's what they would do. I had no idea that they usually sit you with other people, so I guess I really lucked out. I would have been so confused if they brought me to a table full of people haha ...After poking around on here for a while, now I know that's the norm.

That pic is taken on the Miracle(can't miss the grapes), 2nd floor dining room, on the railing that looks down into the MDR. That is anytime dining and you can always request a table for two. If you want to be on the railing specifically(assuming your ship is set up the same), you can ask for that too. We did and LOVED it!

Here is the view

bermudacruise243.jpg

I knew someone would comment on the grapes :p haha - like I said above. Set time, no special requests, just lucked out.

I actually nervous about my next cruise, cause I always here about people not liking their table.

Archived