can you post pics of elegant night attire?

Fireflymkz76

I also would like to follow this thread. This is our first time on Carnival so am interested to see what people wear.

Why do you care what other people wear? I don't get people. Do you judge books by their cover? You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig. What you wear doen't give you class, dignity or rule abider. What it does give some is Snobbiness and nose in the air , your all that. Those that dress up because they like to is great, those that dress up to try and impress others are a joke and usually the ones who put down others by what they wear.No I'm not talking about cut off shorts. tank tops and hats.

Why do you care what other people wear? I don't get people. Do you judge books by their cover? You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig. What you wear doen't give you class, dignity or rule abider. What it does give some is Snobbiness and nose in the air , your all that. Those that dress up because they like to is great, those that dress up to try and impress others are a joke and usually the ones who put down others by what they wear.No I'm not talking about cut off shorts. tank tops and hats.

She/he might just want to make sure she is not over or underdressed for Carnival..has she/he stated.."first time on Carnival" Didn't mention at all about critiquing how others dress. :rolleyes:

This is our first time on CCL too and we are also interested in seeing what others wear. Sorry if that's a crime;).

I'm sorry I don't have photos but I will tell you I was surprised that dress night was mostly casual. My husband will wear jeans, button shirt and sport coat, I plan to wear a nice dress not formal but Sunday wear.

Most nights I will wear nice Capris but I do like dresses and will take advantage of the opportunity to wear one

we've sailed in summer before, not about to swelter walking on lido deck in formal clothing this time. Elegant dinners - I'm taking 2 cocktail dresses and the mr will leave the suit jacket at home and just wear button down/tie/dress pants, he's thrilled:). Other nights we're going with resort wear: me dressy (club type) tops and capris, the mr going with tommy bahama shirts and kakhis or (gasp) maybe bring some dress shorts and loafers.

That sounds like a good idea :).

She/he might just want to make sure she is not over or underdressed for Carnival..has she/he stated.."first time on Carnival" Didn't mention at all about critiquing how others dress. :rolleyes:

Nope, she didn't mention about critiquing how others dress. This is her 1st cruise and I can understand her question. This will be my 3rd and since things have changed (it has been 8 years since we last cruised), I WOULD like to know also. Some of us don't cruise 3-4 times a year to be updated on attire. The OP just wanted to know as I am sure she didn't want to be overdressed or underdressed. :rolleyes:

Here's my wife and I on the Crown Princess. I'll probably be wearing a similar suit for our upcoming cruise on the Miracle in May. (I don't know why the picture is so dark, it looks fine in Photoshop, then when I upload it here, it looks dark and grainy???)

wcmosy.jpg

Fabulous pic! You look great!

Sorry now pictures. I didn't even think of taking photos :( I brought one pair of black slacks, one long black skirt and three dress tops. One 3/4 length black dress (bought at the thrift store for $5.00) and one sun dress. Husband brought 2 pair dress pants, two dress shirts (with ties) and three button down collared shirts.

That is exactly why I said I was curious. We are use to Royal Caribbean where formal is formal - other nights are khakis with a collared shirt. With the baggage fees nowadays we don't want to lug formal clothes but also don't want to wear capris if others are wearing sundress type outfits. I did hear that Carnival is much more casual than RCCL so just want to go with the flow!

If I need to dress up I will - if I don't have to I won't!!!

As a child of the '60s I hate dressing up so thank you to everyone who said I can get away without a jacket at (even "elegant" diners). Of course, my wife will still be on my case about it but you've given me hope.

I'm not on my home computer so I don't have any pics to post, but we dressed appropriately each night for dinner, meaning even on the non-elegant nights the men wore dress slacks and either a button down shirt or a polo shirt; dress shoes. The women wore dresses everynight.. but wore fancier ones for the two elegant nights. The men wore jackets and ties on elegant nights. We weren't uncomfortable.. we certainly weren't walking around on the Lido in the hot July air dressed like that. After dinner we changed before we headed to the shows; for one or two hours you're dressed up and look great. We'd dressed like we would going to an evening wedding reception. Actually, I enjoyed doing something out of the box.. we looked damn gooooood ;)

This is me too. It's how I dressed for my first cruise and now that it's gotten more lax I still do it. I think it's fun and makes it feel more special for us, more of an "event" to go to dinner each night....when usually we sit on the couch in sweats to eat our dinner! :D

I just bought this dress for Elegant Night on our upcoming cruise. It's much more formal that what I usually wear for that night, but that was kind of the point. We have tuxes for all three boys and the gown for me -- we hope to get a great family formal photo!

nkfp1261039628625.jpg

Archived