can you post pics of elegant night attire?

Fireflymkz76

I love the fact that your hubbies tie matches your dress! If I am wearing the same color as my DH he changes into another color. Sad very sad.

Thanks! I insisted that my fiance (hubby in 18 days!) buy that tie because I knew it would match my dress! The funny part is that the TIE cost more than my DRESS! :eek: LOL! I got the dress on clearance at JCP and paid like $9 and something for it. :D

On our first cruise together on RCCL my husband rented a tux from the cruiseline to wear on formal night. Since the ensemble came with bothbow tie/cummerbund, and a regular tie - he wore the full tux on the formal night and wore the tux w/ regular tie during a dinner at the specialty restaurant. I wore cocktail dresses. For the regular nights he wore slacks/button shirts w/ sport coat and I wore summer dresses. He looked so handsome in that tux! Sigh...:D

This will be our DD's first cruise they are 6 and 8. I would love to see how kids dress. I never really paid attention to childrens attire when we cruised in the past.

Didn't read the whole thread so I wasn't sure if this was answered. When our boys were younger they wore khakis and polos. Now that their in their teens believe it or not usually wear nice shirts and ties. My oldest has his own bowtie. Usually you see girls in cute little dresses.

On our first cruise together on RCCL my husband rented a tux from the cruiseline to wear on formal night. Since the ensemble came with bothbow tie/cummerbund, and a regular tie - he wore the full tux on the formal night and wore the tux w/ regular tie during a dinner at the specialty restaurant. I wore cocktail dresses. For the regular nights he wore slacks/button shirts w/ sport coat and I wore summer dresses. He looked so handsome in that tux! Sigh...:D

My dad takes his tux, but rents his shoes once onboard! It's a great thing that they offer!! And I'm with you - love the look of a tux!! :)

I just noticed the cigarette in my hand! :p

I haven't had a smoke in 104 days! Let's hope I can stay smoke free during our next cruise!

Congrats!!!!! That is a huge accomplishment in my book. Heck, I can't even stop biting my nails, lol!

Wishing you the best of luck for a smoke free future.

Gina

My wife and I always dress up for Formal (Elegant) Nights. Our next cruise will be my 10th Carnival cruise and her 12th. I have worn a tux for every formal night on every cruise so far.

This photo was taken in the Silver Olympian Dining Room on Carnival Liberty on our Panama Canal cruise in 2007.

CC_01_Liberty.jpg

This photo was taken on our Thanksgiving cruise aboard Carnival Elation in 2010.

CC_02_Elation.jpg

This photo was taken aboard our Southern Caribbean cruise aboard Emerald Princess in December 2011.

CC_03_Emerald.jpg

We always buy at least one Formal Night photograph on every cruise. The last two of these examples became our Christmas cards for 2010 and 2011 respectively.

So now this thread has me thinking. On our wedding cruise, Tuesday night (from what I am told it is the 2nd night of a 5 night cruise) is formal night. Well we are getting married on WEDNESDAY! So that means I am going to dress up on formal night and then be wearing my wedding dress on Wednesday night. I figured if I am paying for a wedding dress I'm going to wear it ALL DAY!! So, what do you think, will it be really strange to be wearing my dress on a non-formal night? And I truly plan to wear it all day since I want to go dancing in the clubs after dinner too.

This is the style of wedding dress I am going for.

150546_467857536985_713941985_6145390_5107358_n.jpg

Why do you care what other people wear? I don't get people. Do you judge books by their cover? You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig. What you wear doen't give you class, dignity or rule abider. What it does give some is Snobbiness and nose in the air , your all that. Those that dress up because they like to is great, those that dress up to try and impress others are a joke and usually the ones who put down others by what they wear.No I'm not talking about cut off shorts. tank tops and hats.

what the hell, get a grip

So now this thread has me thinking. On our wedding cruise, Tuesday night (from what I am told it is the 2nd night of a 5 night cruise) is formal night. Well we are getting married on WEDNESDAY! So that means I am going to dress up on formal night and then be wearing my wedding dress on Wednesday night. I figured if I am paying for a wedding dress I'm going to wear it ALL DAY!! So, what do you think, will it be really strange to be wearing my dress on a non-formal night? And I truly plan to wear it all day since I want to go dancing in the clubs after dinner too.

GO FOR IT! Seriously!! In theory you only get married once so live it up. Besides on shore you would wear the dress all day.

Oops...meant that for Carnicruiser64 or something like that :o

Thanks. We are looking forward to the Paradise in June, as we have not sailed on her before. Daughter recently got engaged so I get to buy a new dress for the wedding. Love buying new dresses. Hubby bought a tux in January and wore it on the Liberty but we never got any pictures that night. Kind of bummed about that, but there will be other cruises :D

Here are some pictures from different formal nights:

Family on the Fantasy:

zzscan3cr.jpg

DH and myself on the Fascination:

DSCN1889.jpg

DH and me with the Captain on the Dream:

IMG_00073.jpg

HTH!! :) Happy Sailing! And enjoy formal night; it's SO much fun!!

Where did you get that yellow gown?? It is beautiful!

Definitely wear it all day and night!! Hubby and I got married on the Spirit and we wore our wedding attire all day and night and loved every minute of it!! Congrats!

Archived