can you post pics of elegant night attire?

Fireflymkz76

Way to go on quitting the cigs Yankee Fan! I've been a non smoker for a little over a year!! Just cause I'm a rebel I really wanted to smoke a Cuban cigar while in the Bahamas last August (very lady like huh?) But I didn't cause tobacco is tobacco, no matter what form. I made it through the cruise and I even drank a lot...lol Keep up the good work! It's worth it.

Way to go on quitting the cigs Yankee Fan! I've been a non smoker for a little over a year!! Just cause I'm a rebel I really wanted to smoke a Cuban cigar while in the Bahamas last August (very lady like huh?) But I didn't cause tobacco is tobacco, no matter what form. I made it through the cruise and I even drank a lot...lol Keep up the good work! It's worth it.

Hi fellow Oregonian! Congrats to YOU!! I have such admiration for anyone who can kick the smoking habit. I don't smoke, but heck, like I told Yankee Fan, I can't even stop biting my fingernails for goodness sake!!!

Gina

I just noticed the cigarette in my hand! :p

I haven't had a smoke in 104 days! Let's hope I can stay smoke free during our next cruise!

Good for you. I just went through looking after a friend that had part of her lung removed and then chemo for treatment of her lung cancer. She wishes desperately she had quit sooner. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15754_101847299840203_100000447997507_45972_1253341_n.jpg

Kids on Carnival Freedom in 2009. They were 12 and 15 here. We have been on 2 other Carnival cruises since then and they have worn similar attire (dress shirt/pants for DS, Cocktail style dress for DD). DH will usually add a tie and I am normally in a cocktail dress as well.

It is a thrill to see what I found that from casual elegant to formal elegant is ok and just the great feeling everyone has in their eyes when ready to go to a family or couple sit down; to a nicer dinner out..and they put in just the effort to look nice...

OP..depending on what you are wearing...i think affordable something he could wear like to a school concert or program..nice pants and nice shirt with or wthout tie..or that dressy tropical collared look if you are more dressy sundress...I found amazing shirt and tie for my nephew at Christmas at JC Penny for his football college dinner..27.99 for both with sales..new plan is good to from going through there..it was great..and sooo affordable and one year my whole family went to see Lion King on and overnight except me :(...and everyone went to Ross..our only discount store like that and found something..15 of them they decided...to have a shop together befor and all fund the shirt and pants in the young boys group...Good Luck!!..Sarah

Leftover Easter dress clothes are great for kids. I bought my 3 boys each a long sleeved striped dress shirt for around $11 last year....for all 3! I got them on clearance at the childrens place. They have worn them on 2 cruises, this Easter and they will still fit for this summers cruise!

Definitely wear it all day and night!! Hubby and I got married on the Spirit and we wore our wedding attire all day and night and loved every minute of it!! Congrats!

Yes wear it no matter what dining night it is. I have seen women wear full length wedding gowns to dinner. It will be so much fun, and congrats!

Just got off the Pride and there was a wedding on day 3 (we were in the steakhouse and saw them, through the window, doing photos up above us). Our elegant nights were day 2 and day 6. That bride wore her dress around the ship...we later saw her come into the Starry Nights when we were there for karaoke. Her groom had on some type of uniform (looked like police).

And I wore cocktail dresses every night to dinner (except one night I wore Bermuda shorts and a nice top...which I wouldn't normally do but we thought we were just going to the buffet and then looked at the Fun Times and nothing was going on that night, so we went to the MDR spur of the moment). So go for it!! Congrats!

Thank you everyone!!! I am definitely going to have fun with my wedding dress on all day and night!! :D:D

Going on my first cruise on Carnival Magic in August. I think it has two elegant nights. There are eight of us going, (all guys unfortunately, sorta) and I think we are all on board for dressing up in a suit. I actually cannot wait to throw on a suit, because I never get a chance to throw one on unless it's a wedding, or a funeral, or a banquet, but that rarely comes up.

Should be fun, and I am looking forward to it.

This is our first time on CCL too and we are also interested in seeing what others wear. Sorry if that's a crime;).

Dont worry about the haters...true to their own post, she was basically saying that you are what you are... hmmm. I am enjoying looking at everyones beautiful outfits :)

Fabulous dress!

I just bought this dress for Elegant Night on our upcoming cruise. It's much more formal that what I usually wear for that night, but that was kind of the point. We have tuxes for all three boys and the gown for me -- we hope to get a great family formal photo!

nkfp1261039628625.jpg

Archived