single supplements?

fizzy

I was wondering if anyone would have a best guess about this question before I start calling my travel agent. Due to vacation time conflicts, I may be traveling alone this year. A cruises that I was looking at (Carribean) is discounted but not in the special single supplement grouping. If this cruise does not sell well, would SS be likely to add a single special to it? Has anybody has any experience with this? thank you

• 3 weeks later...

I have noticed that SS has done away with posting the single supplement % on the website under the pricing category, even with the solo travler promos.

Now I have to call about every single sailing I'm interested in to see what the supplement is, instead of knowing from the site.

As a personal choice, I will not book a voyage with a supplement more than 10%

If SS is listening, please put them back, at least on the voyages where your advertising low solo travler supplements.

Yes, I quite agree - I love to cruise solo on Silversea (such intimate ships make me feel like I've joined a lovely house party to which I am warmly welcomed) and quite often it's the lure of a reasonable single supplement alone that guides my choice of cruise. An unusual itin with a low supplement can persuade me to book a cruise I might not even consider otherwise. Please Silversea, put specific single supplement information back on the fare pages of the website. I've already booked my solo cruise for 2013, and would consider booking another, if the supplement was attractive - and easy to find.

Single supplements show up on the UK version of the website on the Fares page. I don't know why the US version does not show them!!!

Here's how you can find out. Go the the foot of the page and click on 'change your location'. Pretend you are in the UK, change location to the UK, and the fares page will then show you the single supplement.

Wierd isn't it!

Archived