Civitavecchia Hotel

ChicaChic

There are a number of good hotels available. there are several threads on this topic already. Tripadvisor has the ratings for the hotels in Civitavecchia.

Having said that, we have stayed at Hotel San Georgio several times and were very happy with the rooms, location, service etc. A good breakfast is included. It is the closest to the town center and right on the beach.

http://www.sangiorgiohotel.biz/en/index.htm

It is also the closest hotel to the port entrance as well. Just a block away from the port entrance and you can get the free port shuttle form the port entrance to your ship.

Can anyone recommend a pre-cruise hotel in Civitavecchia for one night? We are going in October and having been to Rome several times we thought we would just spend the night in Civi.

Scroll back a few pages...this has been covered in detail in the past month...lots of info here.

Hotel Traiano..they have a shuttle bus to take you right to the ship in

the morning..full of others going on our cruise. When you check in

you need to book the time for your shuttle right away.

Sherry

There are a number of good hotels available. there are several threads on this topic already. Tripadvisor has the ratings for the hotels in Civitavecchia.

Having said that, we have stayed at Hotel San Georgio several times and were very happy with the rooms, location, service etc. A good breakfast is included. It is the closest to the town center and right on the beach.

http://www.sangiorgiohotel.biz/en/index.htm

It is also the closest hotel to the port entrance as well. Just a block away from the port entrance and you can get the free port shuttle form the port entrance to your ship.

We were very disappointed with the San Giorgio hotel.

We booked online and made it clear we needed access without any stairs and paid extra for a sea view.

When we arrived, the only way into the hotel for the disabled was using a very rickety elevator.

When we were shown to our room we found that it was on 2 levels and we would have had to climb a flight of stairs to get to the sleeping area. They changed our room but it was a very inferior room and we just about had a sea view.

The other thing we found was that drinks in the hotel bar were very very expensive and to eat dinner in the hotel restaurant would have cost almost as much as our cruise :rolleyes:.

Others on our roll call who stayed at other hotels found them better.

We were very disappointed with the San Giorgio hotel.

We booked online and made it clear we needed access without any stairs and paid extra for a sea view.

When we arrived, the only way into the hotel for the disabled was using a very rickety elevator.

When we were shown to our room we found that it was on 2 levels and we would have had to climb a flight of stairs to get to the sleeping area. They changed our room but it was a very inferior room and we just about had a sea view.

The other thing we found was that drinks in the hotel bar were very very expensive and to eat dinner in the hotel restaurant would have cost almost as much as our cruise :rolleyes:.

Others on our roll call who stayed at other hotels found them better.

Sorry to hear that.

Hotels in Italy, Europe in general actually, are not like they are her in North America. It takes some getting used to but, when you realize this, it all works out. Too bad they could not accommodate you with your request but it does sometimes happen. That is why I always tell people to stay in contact with the hotel right up to a week before you arrive so that they know you are coming and can do their best for you. I also always suggest you deal with the hotel directly as opposed to buying from a reseller at the cheapest rate.

We find Italy in general quite expensive and we have been there many times. I did not find the drinks in the hotel out of line compared to other places and the dinner, the set menu, was only 24 euros when we were there last and it was a great meal. Again, not out of line at all.

I guess every guest has a different story and your, unfortunately, was not good. The ratings for this hotel on tripadvisor and other sites is always at the top or in the top 3.

Sorry to hear that.

Hotels in Italy, Europe in general actually, are not like they are her in North America. It takes some getting used to but, when you realize this, it all works out. Too bad they could not accommodate you with your request but it does sometimes happen. That is why I always tell people to stay in contact with the hotel right up to a week before you arrive so that they know you are coming and can do their best for you. I also always suggest you deal with the hotel directly as opposed to buying from a reseller at the cheapest rate.

We find Italy in general quite expensive and we have been there many times. I did not find the drinks in the hotel out of line compared to other places and the dinner, the set menu, was only 24 euros when we were there last and it was a great meal. Again, not out of line at all.

I guess every guest has a different story and your, unfortunately, was not good. The ratings for this hotel on tripadvisor and other sites is always at the top or in the top 3.

I live in Spain, not in North America, and stay in a lot of European hotels, including Italy so I am aware of what I should expect.

The prices were way above what I would expect to pay even in the highest rated Italian hotel. When we were there there was not a fixed price menu for dinner. We ended up eating at a nearby trattoria.

I live in Spain, not in North America, and stay in a lot of European hotels, including Italy so I am aware of what I should expect.

The prices were way above what I would expect to pay even in the highest rated Italian hotel. When we were there there was not a fixed price menu for dinner. We ended up eating at a nearby trattoria.

OK, still sorry to hear your stay was not what you expected.

Lots of nice trattorias in the area as the hotel is very close to the town center.

Archived