Sapphire Princess 15 May 05 Alaska

Angsa

Hi all, this is going to be my first cruise, but I had problems with my booking, so if anyone can give some advice I would be most grateful.

Well, it started that my dad and I booked ourselves on this cruise while we waited for my girlfriend and my sister to confirm their leaves before we book for them. Unfortunately during this time the category that we were booked on sold out, according to our TA. (We live in Hong Kong.)

Subsequently I tried to contact my auntie in Seattle to see if she can find anything from her side, but she said only category M rooms and then only US or Canadian citizens were allowed. (Why is there such a rule?):confused:

Well, I tried again on the internet last week and one of the online cruise agents had a L category cabin available. So I made the booking and called the agent and she said everything is good.

Due to the proximity of the cruise we have told the agent not to send the travel documents and we will pick them up in Seattle instead. Thus far though, Princess has not issued a cabin number.

What I worry is that Princess would reject the booking due to my gf and sis being non-US or Canadian citizens. Has anybody came across a similar situation and if so is there a way to get around it?

Angsa, I've never heard of booking restrictions for non-US/Canadian passengers. It's possible that the price quote your aunt found was a special listed for N. American residents (just ask the UK people about their pricing frustrations). There is no reason I can think of that you couldn't book a cabin for your other family members, but probably can't access the special prices. I can't provide much solid advice here, but I thought it worthwhile to bump this up and see if anyone else can provide some advice for you.

Archived