cabin availability

fizzy

Due to our schedules, we have always had to cruise on an almost last minute availability and have also always been quite pleased. Would anybody know if there is a way via the internet to see how the dates are selling and how full the ships are this spring and early summer? Thank you so much.

No, RSSC doesn't work that way. Except for crossings and such, the ships are pretty well filled up well in advance. For example, we booked a Mariner cruise for Nov of this year last Nov and had to go all the way up to Cat D to get a stateroom. RSSC doesn't discount at the last minute like the mass market lines do. Your best prices are on advance bookings; well in advance. As the cruises get closer the discount go away.

I thank you but I guess I should have clarified. We are only rssc cruisers at this point in our lives and have to end up spending whatever it is because of our crazy schedules so we sadly are not getting any bargains---unless you consider how fantastic every cruise is. It is always nice to be on a ship of any kind that is not sold out and I was just wondering if there is any site to see how things are selling. thank you Doug

There used to be a site that allowed you to get stateroom availability, but it's no longer available. Only way I know of now is to have your TA check, but RSSC is pretty tight and will only give out availability for particular stateroom categories. Suffice it to say that RSSC ships are generally pretty full except for repositioning cruises.

Actually, I don't think anyone except the cruiseline knows how full a particular ship or cruise is. I recently asked my regular TA to check availability on the Mariner for a cruise. She said that the cruiseline resevationist told her only category F and above were available. Five minutes later, I e-mailed another TA who said that H and above were "wide open." I don't know what was going on but RSSC's opaque reservation procedures contributed to this "confusion."

Sometimes there is a Group that may have a hold on a block of rooms, like a travel consortium or agency, who is trying to book a large number of rooms, so they are on hold. When they get released they can go back into the regular available RSSC rooms.

• 6 months later...

Archived