Thomson Web Match Service Fee

Just found a Hotel holiday on the web via First choice/Thomson site i usually book our holidays via the web, but was told by friends that at a travel agents you may get it cheaper, went to travel agents who quoted a higher price than i had, when i produced the printed web price that said they would match it and they did

BUT they charged us £10 per person for doing so!! when i queried this, it was said to be a new policy, and it was to pay for ticket security,but then you have to make another trip to the travel agent to collect your tickets some time after.........

My local First Choice tried to do that when I booked our current cruise but I just told them that I would book it elsewhere then and they soon knocked it off the price and matched the online price.:D

Janet

My local First Choice tried to do that when I booked our current cruise but I just told them that I would book it elsewhere then and they soon knocked it off the price and matched the online price.:D

Janet

Hi Janet,

Where you been? Thought you'd done a Berwyn:D

We took a quote in to local Thomson last Autumn for the Dream in February and the girl quoted us £10 pp more. OH said, Oh that's OK! I was just about to say I would book on the 'net when the girl was called away as her boss was on the phone. The other girl took over and quoted the same as the web price, we said OK and it was booked. So now I know what they were up to:rolleyes:

I see you are going to the Baltic in August. Have you been before? St Petersburg is fab-u-lous:D

The reason the net is cheaper is usually because they don't have to pay to rent and run a shop, so really when you go to a travel agent shop you are paying for face 2 face expertise (well sometimes!!) and should expect to pay a bit more for it, although when I booked our cruise online I think it's through a shop somewhere so it's a bit confusing ..........

The reason the net is cheaper is usually because they don't have to pay to rent and run a shop, so really when you go to a travel agent shop you are paying for face 2 face expertise (well sometimes!!) and should expect to pay a bit more for it, although when I booked our cruise online I think it's through a shop somewhere so it's a bit confusing ..........

Yes, when I phoned and asked for a quote for a Nile cruise and stay, I was told she would have to ring one of their shops to get a quote:confused::confused: So you might as well just go to a local TA:rolleyes:

I searched my Thomson cruise for this year on-line but needed to ask a few questions due to the party size, so rang the number given. On speaking to the advisor, I was told they could book it for me over the phone at the same price quoted on-line, which I did. On receiving my confirmation paperwork and noticing a mistake, a rang to have the alteration made, believing I was talking to a central booking office. How wrong could I have been! I am in Hampshire and found out at this point I was speaking with an assistant in a High Street shop in Scotland! Apparently when you ring, you get assigned to a random shop!

Hi Linda

I have been here, but unless I feel I have anything different to add I don't usually make any comments, I just soak up the info from others (especally Kruzseeka) she's given me so many good tips.

We haven't been to St Petersburgh yet and we are really looking forward to it.

I also like the look of the one you have just booked - Portraits of the Past. Got a price online today of £2224 (for 2) Free AI, Outside cabin deck 1/2 and seat selection, which was £79 cheaper than a couple of days ago. Phone CD and they say they can match the price but Planet said they couldn't get anywhere near it!!!! Which is a bit odd considering they could do a good deal for you.

We used to book a higher deck but found that unless we wanted to pay a lot more for a cabin, then they were all the same size up to about deck 5, so I would rather have the extra cash for spending money.

Am going into TA tomorrow to see what they can do, but either way we are going to book it as it visits lots of places we haven't been to yet (only been to Sharm at the end of a previous cruise, Port Sokna, Suez Canal and Rhodes) It's getting more difficult with Thomson as the Baltic will be our 10th with them, so we are beginning to run out of itinereries.

Will post when it's booked and maybe we will bump into each other on board - literally if it's free AI - LOL:D

Janet

Just found a Hotel holiday on the web via First choice/Thomson site i usually book our holidays via the web, but was told by friends that at a travel agents you may get it cheaper, went to travel agents who quoted a higher price than i had, when i produced the printed web price that said they would match it and they did

BUT they charged us £10 per person for doing so!! when i queried this, it was said to be a new policy, and it was to pay for ticket security,but then you have to make another trip to the travel agent to collect your tickets some time after.........

I have been shopping around for the best price for a "Thompson Dream" cruise in the Caribbean,6th.January 2013.

My first call was the internet and Thompson's site.....This is what I require:-

1.A single cabin

2.Flights to and from Manchester

3. Caribbean Treasures 7 nights cruise..

web = £1402

Thompson's Shop = They say they can only match the web price.

Thomas Cook = £1370 and they waived the £39 for a named cabin.

Have a guess who I booked with? I've been allocated cabin 7219,the only single cabin on deck 7.

All I have to do now is wait for Jan 6......roll on.:)

Hi Linda

I have been here, but unless I feel I have anything different to add I don't usually make any comments, I just soak up the info from others (especally Kruzseeka) she's given me so many good tips.

Unlike the rest of us who just write rubbish:)

We haven't been to St Petersburgh yet and we are really looking forward to it.

You'll love it !

I also like the look of the one you have just booked - Portraits of the Past. Got a price online today of £2224 (for 2) Free AI, Outside cabin deck 1/2 and seat selection, which was £79 cheaper than a couple of days ago. Phone CD and they say they can match the price but Planet said they couldn't get anywhere near it!!!! Which is a bit odd considering they could do a good deal for you.

We actually booked with CD who were slightly cheaper. It was £1279 with CD and £1296 with Planet. The girl from Planet rang back and asked how much cheaper it was and said "Oh only a few pounds!" Well it was £34 altogether - enough to book the cabin.:)

We used to book a higher deck but found that unless we wanted to pay a lot more for a cabin, then they were all the same size up to about deck 5, so I would rather have the extra cash for spending money.

Planet quoted deck3/4 - £1175 pp, deck5/6 - £1275, deck8/9 - £1296 so not much difference and have booked cabin 21, which we had on our very first cruise :)

Am going into TA tomorrow to see what they can do, but either way we are going to book it as it visits lots of places we haven't been to yet (only been to Sharm at the end of a previous cruise, Port Sokna, Suez Canal and Rhodes) It's getting more difficult with Thomson as the Baltic will be our 10th with them, so we are beginning to run out of itinereries.

Have you thought of trying Fred Olsen? I highly recommend the Braemar:)

Will post when it's booked and maybe we will bump into each other on board - literally if it's free AI - LOL

No comment :D

Janet

Good luck at the TA - stand your ground;)

Hi Linda

TA was boarded up today as there was an EDL march going on in Luton, never seen so many police about.

So when I got home I booked it with CD for the same price as online and was happy with the price.

Haven't really thought about trying any other cruise line at the moment, although we may have to start thinking about it as we are running out of destinations. I've heard other people say Fred Olsen are good so may give them a try in the future.

Anyway, now I have 2 cruises to look forward to.

Hope the weather stays fine for the week-end as my daughter and I are going to try to do a car boot sale!!!!!

Janet

Archived