***Live from the Sojourn, 20-day Iberian and Celtic Sojourn***

And there is a decent Sauternes to be had on all the ships;

Yes,it's called Chateau d'Yquem and available to buy by the half bottle from the wine list.;)

Always worth a sip with the pudding, and you may even get two nights use out of it.

Post-Breakfast Update;

Came back from the Colonnade for breakfast and surprisingly again no one was there this morning....very very quiet so either I missed them attacking early or they are attacking Room Service. It is a very quiet day all around onboard here. Because it being Sunday and also election day in France, mostly everything will be closed in Sanary-sur-Mer. It looks very pretty from the rail of the Colonnade while having breakfast this morning.

The sun has started to come out already although we still have some cloud cover and light winds. The shuttle service has been running for the past 45 minutes as the ship got cleared at 8:30am.

Even as I type here in Seabourn Square it is very very quiet as well.:eek:

I have to mention that the crew onboard the Sojourn are some of the best I have ever had on any Seabourn ship. They really go out of their way for passengers. It's to the point that I don't have to ask for anything anymore, whether it be coffee or beverage etc....they are AMAZING!

More to come later today from the Sojourn in Sanary-sur-Mer, France.

Yes I did although my pit stop was brief. The gym is NEVER crowded at all on this ship...no need to get in there early and fight for a machine. The equipment is in very good condition and it can get a little warm but then the Spa Manager usually opens the door. You need to worry about people who swet and dry like an ELEPHANT in there more than the heat IMO.:eek:

The gym is small, yet never overcrowded. Equipment is good quality. There is insufficient space to use the free weights without being a hazard to other fitness fanatics. Especially when there is ship movement at sea.

Certainly on the Quest, once you have got used to the sewage smell on the ship, fellow sweaters in the gym should not be a challenge to the nostrils:rolleyes:

Complimentary Wine List;

No sooner than I had finished typing that I was awaiting the Wine List to be delivered, the door bell went off and voila!..Wine List appeared!...is Seabourn listening in?

White Wines

Dr. Loosen, Reisling, Germany

Tormaresca, Chardonnay, Italy

Santa Margharita, Pinot Grigio, Italy

La Scolca, Gavi, Italy

Stoneburn, Sauvignon Blanc, New Zealand

Caliterra, Sauvignon Blanc, Chile

Louis Latour, Grand Ardeche, Chardonnay, France

Pascal Bouchard, Petit Chablis, France

Corvo Bianco, IGP, Sicily, Italy

Red Wines

Placido, Chianti Classico, Tuscany, Italy

Aromo, Merlot, Chile

Brassfield, Syrah, California

Corvo Rosso, IGP, Sicily, Italy

Sirius Red, Bordeaux, France

Trois Couronnes, Cotes du Rhone, France

Milton Park, Shiraz, Australia

Villa Sandi, Cabernet Sauvignon, Italy

Lagunilla Gran Reserva, Rioja, Spain

Serego Alighieri, Tuscan Red, Italy

Blush/Rose

Beringer White Zinfandel, Napa Valley, California, USA

Paul Jaboulet, Tavel, France

Scalabrone Guado al Tasso, Bolgheri, Italy

Sparkling Wines

Nicholas Feuillate, Brut, Champagne, France

Prosecco DOC, Brut, Cantine Maschio, Italy

What - No Wingspan NZ Sauvignon Blanc - did we sup them dry??

DottieD

Will do! Most certainly tomorrow in Barcelona, Spain!;)

Remember I am also working on this cruise.

Going to the big market just off Las Ramblas? Grrrreat tapas and other culinary treats.

Oh,and watch out for pickpockets

what??? no pinot noirs??? please fix this by the 12th!

Be careful what you wish for;). There was a Brassfield pinot noir on the Quest. I tried a small sample - more than enough. Overbearing high acidity combined with unsubtle fruit. Would not recommend. But there again, everyones taste is different.

Going to the big market just off Las Ramblas? Grrrreat tapas and other culinary treats.

Oh,and watch out for pickpockets

EXACTLY where I'll be going tomorrow...it's a gastronomic feast all in one place. Every time I am in Barcelona I always end up there.

The pickpockets need to watch out for me..never any $$$$ in my pockets:eek:

The gym is small, yet never overcrowded. Equipment is good quality. There is insufficient space to use the free weights without being a hazard to other fitness fanatics. Especially when there is ship movement at sea.

Certainly on the Quest, once you have got used to the sewage smell on the ship, fellow sweaters in the gym should not be a challenge to the nostrils:rolleyes:

hmmm, sewage smell or some old fart doing an extended drive by in the Colonnade every morning? I'll take sewage smell hands down any day.;):D;)

Post Lunch Update;

Went to the Colonnade again for lunch and a Linguini Frutti di Mare that was cooked to perfection with fresh calamari, clams, and baby shrimp. The pasta dishes in general are always exquisite, although I have noticed that they do go heavy on the sauces sometimes.

I tried the Stoneburn Sauvignon Blanc and I actually prefer it over the Winspan which IMO was too sweet. To each his own I guess, but I am sure you would like it DottieD.;)

For dessert I had the sacher torte with vanilla ice cream and a cappuccino.

The weather here in Sanary-sur-Mer has not improved at all. We are currently sitting at a temperature of 17C or 64F under overcast grey skies. I will be going ashore shortly just to stretch these sea legs a little if not for just taking a tender ride since mostly everything is closed today being a Sunday and also French Elections.

The last tender is at 4:30pm and we set sail for Barcelona, Spain at 5:00pm.

More to come from the Sojourn in the sleepy village of Sanary-sur-Mer, France.

Departure: Enroute for Barcelona, Spain

We are just loading the last of the tender boats and will be making our way shortly for sea enroute for Barcelona, Spain.

The current forecast looks to be the same as last night with moderate winds and sea conditions with swells of 3 meters.

Captain Elliott just came over the PA to let us know that we will be extending our stay tomorrow in Barcelona, Spain due to refueling operations. We are now going to arrive at 7:00am and and depart Barcelona at 11:00pm tomorrow making for an extended stay....yipppeeee!

This late sail will not affect our arrival time either into Malaga, Spain since we have more than enough time to make up for the later departure.

We have 193 nautical miles to make it to Barcelona, Spain tomorrow morning and will have to maintain a speed of greater than 18 knots per hour tonight while passing thru the Gulf of Lyon (let's hope it's not too rough).

I came back onboard the last tender from ashore today and as suspected mostly everything was closed on this Sunday in France and also due to French Presidential Elections today as well. Charming little village that is very doable to walk around the corniche/waterfront if you like walking.

Will try and see if I can go to the Patio Grill tonight for dinner if it's not too windy since it's "Surf and Turf" with those bug eyed little critters.:rolleyes:

More to come later tonight from the Sojourn about to set sail for Barcelona, Spain.;)

Dinner Options Onboard Tonight;

The Restaurant

FIRST COURSE

Seared Tuna, Soba Noodle & Seaweed Salad, cilantro puree, soy and lime

Parma Ham with Asparagus, aged balsamic, ricotta flan, olive oil

Escargots a la Bourguignone, snails in a burgundy reduction baked in herb butter

Caramelized Onion Consomme, sherry braised oxtail, bone marrow ragout

White Asparagus Soup, preserved lemon, potato croutons

Braised & Raw Endives, sweet and sour apricots, lavender dressing

Caramelized Pear Salad, Red Oak Leaf Lettuce, blue cheese, cornbread croutons

MAIN COURSE

Cumin & Coriander Crusted Lemon Sole, sweet carrot sauce, chinese parsley

Seared Scallops with Savory Fondant Potatoes, meyer lemon cream, sauce vierge

Herb Roasted Chicken, roasted garlic pommes puree, overnight tomatoes

Carved Beef Tenderloin with Celery Variations, braised radishes, truffled jus

Vegetarian- Morel & Swiss Chard Risotto, parmesan and chives, mushroom reduction

Restaurant 2;

Chef's Cocktail: Caviar in the Cloud, Foggy Potatoes

Cowboy Rool-Seared Flank Steak, Portabello Sesame Sauce

Barbequed Salmon- Jalapeno, Cucumber, Melted Mozzarella, Wasabi Mayo

Duck Confit Pop- Roasted Pepper Relish, Creamy Chili Dip

Tea Smoked Game Presse, Chestnut Spaetzle

Porcini & Chesnut Cappuccino, Honey Spiced Squab & Fig Empanada

Floating Lobster, Pesto Cream, Red Pepper Fondue, Lime Froth

Grilled Beef Tenderloin, Forest Mushrooms, Truffled Emulsion

Apricots Beignets, Citrus Compote, Calvados Ice Cream

The Colonnade- FRENCH MARKET

"Join us this evening for a feast of French flavours"

Patio Grill- SURF AND TURF

APPETIZERS (FROM TH BUFFET)

Tuna Ceviche, Cilantro, Lime

Shrimp and Crab Claw Cocktail, Mango and Papaya

Smoked Salmon, Red Onions and Capers

Beef Pastrami, Cucumber, Radish

PIZZA (FROM THE BUFFET)

Margherita

Roma Tomatoes, Mozzarella Cheese, Garlic, Fresh Basil

PASTA

Shrimp Tagliatelle

Florida Rock Shrimp, Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes

Basil, Garlic Butter

FROM THE GRILL

Beef Filet Mignon 8oz/5oz

Rib Eye Steak 10oz

Grilled Nigerian Shrimp

Free Range Chicken Breast

SIDINGS

Ratatouille, Green Beans, Potatoes Mousseline

SAUCES

Bernaise, Peppercorn, Shallot-Cabernet Jus

DESSERTS (FROM THE BUFFET)

Assorted Cheeses

Cheesecake

Tri Level Chocolate cake

Fresh Fruits

Ice Cream & Sorbet

Post Dinner Update;

I just came back from having another great dinner in the Patio Grill. The sun was out all throughout dinner, although a little windy we were only 13 passengers in total outside tonight for dinner.

I started off with the White Asparagus Soup, some Tuna Ceviche and a slice of Margherita Pizza. I ended up ordering the 8oz Filet Mignon Medium but it arrived almost "bleu". I felt bad about sending it back as I have never had to send back one meal on Seabourn. When they redid my steak it arrived the second the time the same as the first...way under cooked. I just chalk it up to when someone is having an off night nothing more.

The side dish of Fettuccine with the Rock Shrimp was AMAZING and kudos to Chef Aaron and his Team and the Pizza Master Arnold.

I had the cheesecake for dessert and decided after to walk around on deck. It's windy outside tonight and we currrently have 50 m.p.h winds or force 9 on the Beaufort Scale.

I am hoping to see the Super Moon tonight again like last night by the time I wake up at 5:00am tomorrow. Tomorrow should be a perfect night to eat out on deck in the Patio Grill since we will be alongside our berth and sheltered from the winds as we have a late sail at 11:00pm.

The ship is currently vibrating a lot and shaking or at least in my Suite from the high winds and speed that we are travelling.

I have passed up the Magician Show tonight as it's the same person as two weeks ago and he wasn't anything to get excited about. IMO, I find most entertainment on Seabourn passable. I certainly wouldn't say that I cruise Seabourn for the Onboard Entertainment.

More to follow later tonight from the Sojourn crossing the Gulf of Lyon enroute to Barcelona, Spain.;)

Actually the shrimp had shrunk on the Quest. They needed beefing up .

So I had the 8 oz filet mignon with them instead of the 5 oz.:D

MARIANH; You would have been in heaven onboard the Sojourn tonight as the Little Critters were HUGE...almost on steroids!:eek:

Archived