Thomson Majesty's first cruise

So, Thomson Majesty's first cruise begins today! Noticed it's docked now in Corfu, but in a different place than usual, now next to the main coastal road. Must be because Destiny's still docked in the usual cruise ship berth.

This time two years ago, we had Thomson Dream's first sailing, with stories of plumbing problems and leaks in cabins and corridors. Lets hope that this time it's a smooth sailing.

For all those joining Thomson Majesty today, enjoy your Adriatic Explorer cruise, and don't forget to let us know what the ships like! :)

Hope it's ok, were on it on the 18th, hoping they are going to (excuse the pun)push the boat out, because they will be a lot of unhappy passengers on board who like ourselves were given no other option or compensation with the Destiny fiasco.

Hope it's ok, were on it on the 18th, hoping they are going to (excuse the pun)push the boat out, because they will be a lot of unhappy passengers on board who like ourselves were given no other option or compensation with the Destiny fiasco.

Especially when they see Destiny docked right near them!! Many would feel very annoyed!

Hopefully the ship will go down well. I would have thought the main criticisms are going to be how the entertainment goes down, the size of the buffet restaurant and the size of the cabins - time will tell though if these issues are significant or not. Lets hope the reviews are good. :)

Happy sailing everyone - and let's hope it's a smooth maiden voyage and going to be a great success. :)

P.S. We'll have to keep an eye on AIS this evening and watch her go!! Hope someone on board gets onto the Forum to give us the low-down - if not next week's the earliest we can hope for!

Happy sailing everyone - and let's hope it's a smooth maiden voyage and going to be a great success. :)

P.S. We'll have to keep an eye on AIS this evening and watch her go!! Hope someone on board gets onto the Forum to give us the low-down - if not next week's the earliest we can hope for!

Pity there is no webcam working in Corfu town port and then we could really watch Majesty leaving:rolleyes: The weather report for Corfu looks lovely today - 20C+ and sunny. .....4 months and it will be ME.....:D

I imagine there will be lots of people checking this site over the next few weeks. Hope for everyone concerned that the reports are good.

Just returned from the final cruise on the destiny very emotional. I'll post some photos of the majesty as soon as possible

Hope you have had a great cruise and gave the ship a good send off! :D

Look forward to seeing the photos.

This time two years ago, we had Thomson Dream's first sailing, with stories of plumbing problems and leaks in cabins and corridors. Lets hope that this time it's a smooth sailing

Two years ago yesterday we were setting off on the Dream from Majorca! Not too good, but not as bad as those who went after us. I had never complained about a holiday before (or since) and I did get some compensation, but after going on her in February, I can see they have made a lot of improvements and more to come. I wasn't the only one to complain and it must have done them a lot of damage so I Hope Thomson learn from that experence:rolleyes:

Two years ago yesterday we were setting off on the Dream from Majorca! Not too good, but not as bad as those who went after us. I had never complained about a holiday before (or since) and I did get some compensation, but after going on her in February, I can see they have made a lot of improvements and more to come. I wasn't the only one to complain and it must have done them a lot of damage so I Hope Thomson learn from that experence:rolleyes:

Thomson Dream has come along way since its first season. As you say, lets hope Thomson have learnt from that experience and have made sure that this ship is (or as near as possible to) problem free.

A nice photo of her here, I think leaving Piraeus:

https://p.twimg.com/AsCgsMyCIAA5zfE.jpg:large

Especially when they see Destiny docked right near them!! Many would feel very annoyed!

Hopefully the ship will go down well. I would have thought the main criticisms are going to be how the entertainment goes down, the size of the buffet restaurant and the size of the cabins - time will tell though if these issues are significant or not. Lets hope the reviews are good. :)

"Go down"? I hope not!, there again, it is the inaugural voyage:eek:. I''m sure it majestically sailed from Corfu in a majestic fashion and is right now treating it's first passengers to a lovely Adriatic experience.The entertainment is not an issue, neither [ for us] , is the cabin size and as long as I'm not sitting on someone's lap at dinner............I know change is unsettling but lets try and be a bit positive eh?

Looked on AIS last ight about midnight - 10pm local time - and couldn't pick up Majesty in Corfu (not due to sail until later) but couldn't pick up a signal and I can't see her this morning either.

Did spot the 'Thomson Destiny' (probably already renamed but not showing as such) sailing south looking as though she's heading to skirt round the Peloponnese.

There aren't any photos of Majesty yet in the AIS Gallery which is usually my default route to find a ship i'm not picking up on the map so if anyone finds her - please let us know.

I checked at 11.20pm last night and she had already left and was heading north. Had forgotten about Corfu being ahead of us in time:eek:

Thanks for mentioning AIS Kruzseeka. I did not know about it till you mentioned it in a previous post.

I had checked to see if there was a web cam of the port area but I could not pick a live one up. San Stefanos (NW) where we are doing our "stay" week has one of the beach.

Wonder when the first report will come in? Can't wait.

I checked at 11.20pm last night and she had already left and was heading north. Had forgotten about Corfu being ahead of us in time:eek:

Thanks for mentioning AIS Kruzseeka. I did not know about it till you mentioned it in a previous post.

I had checked to see if there was a web cam of the port area but I could not pick a live one up. San Stefanos (NW) where we are doing our "stay" week has one of the beach.

Wonder when the first report will come in? Can't wait.

Well I think we've both got a bit mixed up! :confused: :D

Corfu is behind us not ahead so when you saw Majesty at 23.00 ish it would only be 21.00 their time.

So I must have been wrong about the sailing time - also the reason I didn't spot her was because I was looking south!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused: That's how come I saw Destiny!!!

Pleased she is sailing earlier in the evening though - wouldn't fancy muster drill at 22.30 especially since that would be 12.30 on our body clocks! :eek: all the flights seem to be 'in' by early evening so can't see why they would delay sailing until 11pm although that's what they have in the itinerary.

Hmm.......... nevermind got there in the end! ;)

Found her, sailing north up the Adriatic south of Dubrovnik.

She's on her way! :) Good luck Majesty and Bon Voyage!!

The gallery has a photo of her in her Thomson coulours now Kruzseeka :)

Well they have painted the funnel ;) Photo :cool:

Well I think we've both got a bit mixed up! :confused:

Corfu is behind us not ahead so when you saw Majesty at 23.00 ish it would only be 21.00 their time.

So I must have been wrong about the sailing time - also the reason I didn't spot her was because I was looking south!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused: That's how come I saw Destiny!!!

Pleased she is sailing earlier in the evening though - wouldn't fancy muster drill at 22.30 especially since that would be 12.30 on our body clocks! :eek: all the flights seem to be 'in' by early evening so can't see why they would delay sailing until 11pm although that's what they have in the itinerary.

Hmm.......... nevermind got there in the end! ;)

Nooooo (at least I hope I am correct) Corfu is usually 2 hours ahead of us when we travel in summer. It annoys me as we lose 2 hours holiday on the way there!! And the other way I remember it is that Sydney is half a day ahead of us.

Majesty is due to leave Corfu at 11.00pm, Corfu time. I hope they don't change it as I am hoping to drop our luggage and spend some time in Corfu town in the afternoon and early evening:)

Oh, and when I checked at 11.30pm last night, Destiny was about the same

distance south as Majesty was north, and it crossed my mind that they may have left together.:)

Nooooo (at least I hope I am correct) Corfu is usually 2 hours ahead of us when we travel in summer. It annoys me as we lose 2 hours holiday on the way there!! And the other way I remember it is that Sydney is half a day ahead of us.

Majesty is due to leave Corfu at 11.00pm, Corfu time. I hope they don't change it as I am hoping to drop our luggage and spend some time in Corfu town in the afternoon and early evening:)

Oh, and when I checked at 11.30pm last night, Destiny was about the same

distance south as Majesty was north, and it crossed my mind that they may have left together.:)

Doh..................... and today's prize for the most confused goes to............. yours truly!!!!:D:D

Thanks for sorting that out for me Jakanne - I was thrown by arriving so early in Corfu - but overlooked that the flight left at 06.00. Well you would expect to get there before lunchtime - even if you are adding two hours to your flight time! As I said, doh!!!! :o

Doh..................... and today's prize for the most confused goes to............. yours truly!!!!:D:D

Thanks for sorting that out for me Jakanne - I was thrown by arriving so early in Corfu - but overlooked that the flight left at 06.00. Well you would expect to get there before lunchtime - even if you are adding two hours to your flight time! As I said, doh!!!! :o

Don't worry, I have yet to meet anyone who doesn't get confused, except my husband that is, who used to travel widely for work. He used to have to calculate carefully before he rang me so that he did not ring while I was at work or worse - asleep in bed:eek:

Pleased she is sailing earlier in the evening though - wouldn't fancy muster drill at 22.30 especially since that would be 12.30 on our body clocks! :eek: all the flights seem to be 'in' by early evening so can't see why they would delay sailing until 11pm although that's what they have in ;)

Taken ages to find this quote but remembered reading it:rolleyes: Was checking some prices for a different holiday and noticed that the Leeds Bradford flight does not get into a corfu until 21.00 so they will not have much time to get on the ship to leave at 11pm. Hope flight is not delayed:eek:

Taken ages to find this quote but remembered reading it:rolleyes: Was checking some prices for a different holiday and noticed that the Leeds Bradford flight does not get into a corfu until 21.00 so they will not have much time to get on the ship to leave at 11pm. Hope flight is not delayed:eek:

Oooohh didn't spot that one Jakanne - those I saw all seemed to be in by early eveing. That will explain the later sailaway - so could still be a late drill unless if that's the only flight arriving at that kind of time they will do a separate one for them and get everyone else doing drill ealrier.

just got the new thomson brochure it say that it set meal times i was led to believe it was open seating does any one know ? hope the reveiws are good going on the 1st of june and 28th december loved the destiny good bless her.:confused:

just got the new thomson brochure it say that it set meal times i was led to believe it was open seating does any one know ? hope the reveiws are good going on the 1st of june and 28th december loved the destiny good bless her.:confused:

Hi Terry, it is a misprint in the brochure. It is definitely open dining. Confirmed several times on the Thomson Blog.

Archived