Thomson Majesty's first cruise

Yes, passengers are warned not to 'reserve' sunbeds with towels and that those not occupied for more that 45 minutes are up for grabs - quite right too!

Now that is really good news my OH will be pleased. Is it enforced or does it mean you have to discard someone's towel, book etc yourself?

During the late afternoon and while at sea most of the sunbeds were occupied by basting passengers.

Your Comment "basting passengers" drew my attention to the lack of parasols:eek:

And is there someone employed with one of those handheld things that traffic wardens use to check how long someone has been away from the sunbed:D

45 minutes seems a reasonable time to grab something to eat, drink or have a quick soak in the pool.

Your Comment "basting passengers" drew my attention to the lack of parasols

There were some horribly red people by the end of the week but they seemed quite happy about it!

Me, I prefer to remain pale and interesting!

Hope so for your sake, Jakanne:) I did a ghost booking last week for our cruise and the only cabins available were the superior outside on decks 6 and 7 for a good price (not surprised when you see what they are charging normally for them) so it looks like it will be busy when we are there.

I keep checking the hotel for our 'stay' bit because when we booked it said only 2 rooms left, but it does not say that now! And I checked weeks ago and they were no longer showing any outside plus rooms on deck 4 so I assumed they had all gone. We were only given a choice of 2 cabins. I seem to remember that the outside superior rooms on deck 6 were a lot more expensive. We changed from inside 6 to outside 4 but had to pay a supplement, because I did not want to risk the "sway" of deck 6 forgetting that the lounges, dining rooms, etc were high up:eek:

There were some horribly red people by the end of the week but they seemed quite happy about it!

Me, I prefer to remain pale and interesting!

The Royal Obs. Lounge for me too unless I can get some shade. I do like to sunbathe but I don't want to spoil my (and DH's) holiday with sunburn pain.

I keep checking the hotel for our 'stay' bit because when we booked it said only 2 rooms left, but it does not say that now! And I checked weeks ago and they were no longer showing any outside plus rooms on deck 4 so I assumed they had all gone. We were only given a choice of 2 cabins. I seem to remember that the outside superior rooms on deck 6 were a lot more expensive. We changed from inside 6 to outside 4 but had to pay a supplement, because I did not want to risk the "sway" of deck 6 forgetting that the lounges, dining rooms, etc were high up:eek:

We've stuck with deck 6 inside so I will let you know what it is like. I phoned up as well and was told I would have to pay over £500 extra on top of what we have already paid to upgrade to an outside deck 6 or 7 and it clearly states on the website that some on deck 7 are partially obscured. I think they will have to rethink their pricing here. Unlike the destiny these cabins are not huge and don't have a sofa. I was just pushing my luck thinking they may have done a deal! No chance with Thomson.

seem like all the early reviews are good some of the photos like good to cant wait now for the 1st of june c u then twiggs travel for that drink :)

should that not read drinks or are you only having one!! raise a glass in memory of the sky bar and i expect a full review on your return - i will be glad when you are back because that will mean it will soon be time for us to set sail on the Majesty on the 20th July!!

We really need a comprehensive photographic tour of the ship to get a proper feel of what she looks like. I haev just read a description og the ship pre and post stretch back when she was owned ny NCL and they describe stuff that is not apparent on the deck plans. For example between the coffee bar and seven seas restaurant there is a inside promenade with windows and seats!. Apparently the Royal Fireworks is intended to be a 200 seat ahow lounge and the bar in this area faces backwards? The Rendevous should be considered the main bar then?

Just returned to UK from Majesty Adriatic Explorer. I think it's fair to say that the ship was rather undewhelming and I think a number of people were not too impressed judging from some of the comments made on board.

No idea why we went to Brindisi, not what I would regard as a cruise port of call.

I will post my own more detailed impressions later.....

Can you tell me if there are smoking areas on the ship - booked for next year. Hope it's as good as the other Thomson ships we have been on

should that not read drinks or are you only having one!! raise a glass in memory of the sky bar and i expect a full review on your return - i will be glad when you are back because that will mean it will soon be time for us to set sail on the Majesty on the 20th July!!

you know i dont drink alot but i will pay u one on to oh forgot your all inclusive so no need to. hope you enjoy your cruise and i will let u know how things go cheers :)

Can you tell me if there are smoking areas on the ship - booked for next year. Hope it's as good as the other Thomson ships we have been on

Yes, there are designated areas on the sun deck (seating) and on the promenade deck 7 (standing)

I haev just read a description og the ship pre and post stretch back when she was owned ny NCL and they describe stuff that is not apparent on the deck plans. For example between the coffee bar and seven seas restaurant there is a inside promenade with windows and seats!. Apparently the Royal Fireworks is intended to be a 200 seat ahow lounge and the bar in this area faces backwards? The Rendevous should be considered the main bar then?

The Rendezvous outside Royal Fireworks is the largest bar area and there are four other bars. There is an internal promenade forward of the Seven Seas restaurant up to the main reception area and there is seating alongside the coffee bar. Further forward there are shops between reception and the Royal Fireworks lounge.

We really need a comprehensive photographic tour of the ship to get a proper feel of what she looks like. I haev just read a description og the ship pre and post stretch back when she was owned ny NCL and they describe stuff that is not apparent on the deck plans. For example between the coffee bar and seven seas restaurant there is a inside promenade with windows and seats!. Apparently the Royal Fireworks is intended to be a 200 seat ahow lounge and the bar in this area faces backwards? The Rendevous should be considered the main bar then?

Have you checked out YouTube? There are a few videos put on by holidaymakers, eg. 'Strolling in Louis Majesty' and a 'Greek tourist Sakis Zaf Kpoyaziepa'. Sorry have not mastered the art of including a link, :(but I just went on YouTube and put in 'Louis Majesty video'

Not very large sizes permitted I'm afraid but here are some more...

Thanks for posting the photos :)

Have you got any Bar Tariff prices ? Price of a pint for example ;):D

Just draught lager at £3.50 a pint, otherwise bottled beers. Wine is £3.90 for a decent sized glass. Quite a wide range of cocktails and other drinks at comparable prices.

cheers :D and thanks for that :)

found a website with some photoshttp://www.nedcruise.info/louis%20majesty.htm

Nice find ,thanks for the photos:cool::)

Archived