Thomson Majesty's first cruise

Show me a copy of the dress code for Thomson ships at any given time of day or night..........?

Here you are:-

What To Pack

During the day the dress code is casual, but it is recommended that your cover up swimwear when reentering the ship from the pool. You should also take comfortable walking shoes for shore excursions. Some shore excursions may be religious sights and you might be required to cover up your knees and arms.

The dress code at night changes so you will find out from the cruise news on board it will either be informal or formal. The informal nights are smart casual this will require gentlemen to wear long trousers at least. Formal nights like the Captains cocktail party will require gentlemen to wear a jacket and tie and ladies should wear cocktail dresses.

There is at least one formal night when on a seven night cruise.

And:-

What to Wear Onboard Thomson Cruise Ships

On all ships, a dress code applies during the evening. Except for formal night, the dress code is smart casual, which means full length trousers and an open-necked shirt/polo shirt for men and equivalent attire (e.g. casual separates or dresses) for ladies. There is one formal night on each seven night cruise - normally the Captain's Cocktail Party. It's a great opportunity to put on your glad-rags and enjoy a gala evening. A dinner jacket or tuxedo is the norm for men but otherwise a suit and tie is fine. Ladies should be elegantly dressed - a cocktail or evening dress would fit right in.

"Except for formal night, the dress code is smart casual, which means full length trousers and an open-necked shirt/polo shirt for men and equivalent attire (e.g. casual separates or dresses) for ladies. "

Don't know where you got that from but it's absolute cr@p as far as actually being on board in concerned.

If you choose to eat in the Buffet restaurant then men can wear short longs and a normal T shirt (as Hubby does regularly). I've worn a very short denim skirt and a skimpy vest with no problem.

The Buffet is open 24/7 and if you want a late night snack and walk in there wearing whatever you want (within reason :) ) you will not be refused.

Kalos, my friend :)

am still in laughing mode from the dress code picture you posted

where did you get my photo was it on Facebucketphotoshop .com ? :D

--------------------------------------------

Firefly if you want casual why not try Island Escape ? :cool:

(have you looked at the forum? )

(well I am going)

Stevie ;)

"Except for formal night, the dress code is smart casual, which means full length trousers and an open-necked shirt/polo shirt for men and equivalent attire (e.g. casual separates or dresses) for ladies. "

Don't know where you got that from but it's absolute cr@p as far as actually being on board in concerned.

If you choose to eat in the Buffet restaurant then men can wear short longs and a normal T shirt (as Hubby does regularly). I've worn a very short denim skirt and a skimpy vest with no problem.

The Buffet is open 24/7 and if you want a late night snack and walk in there wearing whatever you want (within reason :) ) you will not be refused.

Ooow you are naughty ;):)

were you staying in sidari we are going on 10th aug week cruising then a week at the two brothers in sidari

We are also staying at the Thre Brothers, have not stayed there before but have had a drink there.:)

Kalos, my friend :)

am still in laughing mode from the dress code picture you posted

where did you get my photo was it on Facebucketphotoshop .com ? :D

Stevie

Think it was Cruisingclobber.com/the darkside or was it offside ? :D

Got a nice one for you sir :rolleyes: suit you Stevie !

No need to undress to sunbathe on deck and I'm sure you would fly through the security at the airports .

Best of all Stevie whilst they argue is shorts or suit best for Captains night you could wear both !

You would be the envy of the MDR ,thats for sure .:cool:

steviessuit.jpg

Thomson Website actually - you asked for someone to "Show me a copy of the dress code for Thomson ships at any given time of day or night..........?"

So I did ;)

See Link:-

http://www.thomson.co.uk/cruise/life-onboard/got-a-question.html

• 2 weeks later...
Yep same cant wait, however we land 2 hours before the ship departs, so that might be fun getting to the ship in time, hopefully no flight delays from leeds!

the dock is about 2 miles from the airport, you'll be ok:cool:

Personally I'm not keen on some blokes sweaty,hairy armpits in front of me when I'm selecting my salad!

I've actually not noticed whether shorts are worn during the evenings - I don't think I've seen shorts in the theatres. I can understand Thomson's request for long trousers as a hygiene thing as much as anything but I don't suppose they would ever police their dress policy.

I would rather see a smart pair of tailored shorts than tatty denims.

I think the entertaiment on the majesty may have changes soon, seen something on fb, one of the dancers comments on how shes flying out tommorrow and shes been rehearsing in keighley

I think the entertaiment on the majesty may have changes soon, seen something on fb, one of the dancers comments on how shes flying out tommorrow and shes been rehearsing in keighley

Let's hope so! As someone pointed out on another thread, The Calypso that they used to have had a similar type of stage and show lounge as on Majesty but that managed to have the Broadway-style shows. Hopefully they've listened to the feedback and are making changes as it seems that this is the problem that keeps on coming up the most.

...and how is Keighley recovering?....no problem,I've plenty of good stuff to listen to

Can anyone advise the best inside cabin to book on deck 4 - we are booked for next year , hope things improve:(

Are you in a standard double? If so we were in 4050 which was nice and quiet (other than background aircon which I guess is the same in all cabins). The shower was a little unpredictable - you had to be prepared for sudden temp change but otherwise this area for a cabin we thought was good - handy for stairwells, midships. The only problem was the size of the cabin - but that's the same for all cabins of this category. I would urge you to book a cabin though - if you leave it to chance and end up at the back of Deck 4 you will really wish you'd spent £39 not to be! The noise and vibration there is horrendous.

Despite my reservations about the ship (caused by design/structural issues) we did nevertheless really enjoy our holiday - itinerary, service, food were all excellent. I'm sure you'll feel these out-weigh the niggles about the ship itself - and in any case you may love it! Look forward to having a great time. :)

Archived