Afternoon High Tea by Sweet P The Bermuda Perfumery, Stewart Hall, Queen Street, Town

irisheileen

Thanks for bumping this. What a lovely reminder of our gorgeous October afternoon at Sweet P's. Definitely hope to do it again some day.

Hi:) I will take the ferry to St George and was thinking of going to

Crystal Caves first and then stopping at Swizzle Inn for a drink;)

Then I would do the 2:00 Tea.

Do you know if that would be doable?

If you look at my post on the first (I think) page of this thread that's exactly what we did.:)

Oh wait, we went for the drink after. Those rum sizzles can take you for a ride and we wanted to have all senses in tact for the tea.:D

Hi:) I will take the ferry to St George and was thinking of going to

Crystal Caves first and then stopping at Swizzle Inn for a drink;)

Then I would do the 2:00 Tea.

Do you know if that would be doable?

I was just going to suggest that when I saw the other reply and they're right about the swizzles, they go down too easily.

Lois, I would not give up the tea to eat at the Swizzle Inn, just have a drink there.

Ferries to St. George's weren't running last Weds due to rough seas so we took ferry to Hamilton then bus. Stopped at Crystal Caves on the way-water levels were high in the caves due to Rafael so it was half price. We were in the first seating for tea at 2 pm. As the other person mentioned, it's only a couple of blocks from bus or ferry so very walkable. We then took the bus back to Hamilton (with a stop at the Swizzle Inn along the way) and ferry back to the ship.

Now this is what I was wondering...THANK YOU:D.......

I was trying to figure out what to do on my 2nd day and this is it.

I will take the ferry (hoping the seas will be smooth;)) and go

to the Caves.....I was trying to figure out if I should do Swizzle Inn

before or after The Tea......so sounds like the Tea first.....then go

for a drink before heading back to the ship!:)

So, when you get to St George....my question is......how to

get to the Caves and then to the Perfumery and then to the

Swizzle Inn? Are these all walkable or bus to bus?

I was just going to suggest that when I saw the other reply and they're right about the swizzles, they go down too easily.

Lois, I would not give up the tea to eat at the Swizzle Inn, just have a drink there.

OK....I will go and have a drink there:D

Hi!

Thank you folks for posting info on the Afternoon High Tea - I will be going to Bermuda on the Breakaway, Oct. 6th and this is great info for me.

Thank you Lois for posting your daily activities - they are helpful hints for me....you can be sure I will be asking you questions about certain things - bus and ferry info and even the places you might have eaten in...

I have been to Bermuda many years ago when the cruise ships docked on Front Street (that was way back) and anxious to see how the island is now.

Looking forward to your help in my plans

Linda

So, when you get to St George....my question is......how to

get to the Caves and then to the Perfumery and then to the

Swizzle Inn? Are these all walkable or bus to bus?

That's a bit of a bizarre itinerary as you'll be sailing into St. George only to leave it for the caves and then have to go BACK to St. George for afternoon tea at the Perfumery. Here are two alternatives:

1. Take the 7 or 8 bus (8 should be faster) into Hamilton, then transfer to the 3 bus to go to the caves. After that, hop on the 1 or 3 bus to go into St. George and have tea. Then, take the 10 or 11 back towards Hamilton and get off at the Grotto Bay Hotel stop (ask the driver when you get on to let you know) and the Swizzle Inn is a 5 minute walk from there.
  2. Alternatively, instead of the 7 or 8 bus, you can take the ferry into Hamilton and proceed from there.

If your timing lines up, I think this would be more efficient than taking the ferry into St. George, but someone let me know if I'm off.

The Swizzle Inn is relatively close to the caves - even if you have to hop on the bus for a couple stops. I think it makes more sense to do the caves and Swizzle Inn first, since they're near one another, and then do tea, but that's just my opinion. Just get a small rum swizzle and you should be fine.

Hi Linda, these boards are great:)

I can tell you I received an email back from Sweet P's....price for the

Tea is now 28.00 per person and it is offered 3 times 1, 2:30 and 4

and it is only offered on Wednesdays and Saturdays.

That's a bit of a bizarre itinerary as you'll be sailing into St. George only to leave it for the caves and then have to go BACK to St. George for afternoon tea at the Perfumery. Here are two alternatives:

1. Take the 7 or 8 bus (8 should be faster) into Hamilton, then transfer to the 3 bus to go to the caves. After that, hop on the 1 or 3 bus to go into St. George and have tea. Then, take the 10 or 11 back towards Hamilton and get off at the Grotto Bay Hotel stop (ask the driver when you get on to let you know) and the Swizzle Inn is a 5 minute walk from there.
  2. Alternatively, instead of the 7 or 8 bus, you can take the ferry into Hamilton and proceed from there.

If your timing lines up, I think this would be more efficient than taking the ferry into St. George, but someone let me know if I'm off.

The Swizzle Inn is relatively close to the caves - even if you have to hop on the bus for a couple stops. I think it makes more sense to do the caves and Swizzle Inn first, since they're near one another, and then do tea, but that's just my opinion. Just get a small rum swizzle and you should be fine.

Hi, I appreciate your thoughts but I don't know anything about

my itinerary being "Bizzare":eek:.....I have never been to Hamilton

or St George so it is all new to me. I enjoy ferry rides so that is why

I was choosing to take it to both places.(Hamilton one day) and St George the other. I don't always care about

being efficient and don't understand when you say I will be in St

George and then have to leave?:confused: I thought the caves are in St

George as is the Perfurmery......Are they not?

Edited by Lois R

No, the caves are not in St. George. They are over 4 miles from St. George and not even in St. George's Parish. That's why I was commenting that it was a strange plan of action to go back and forth. I wasn't trying to be insulting - I was simply trying to recommend a course of action that would allow you to do all 3 in an efficient manner so that you could see things without bouncing back and forth, but by all means, choose whatever path you like.

It's very easy to use a map of Bermuda to check where the caves, Swizzle Inn, and Bermuda Perfumery/St. George are located.

No, the caves are not in St. George. They are over 4 miles from St. George and not even in St. George's Parish. That's why I was commenting that it was a strange plan of action to go back and forth. I wasn't trying to be insulting - I was simply trying to recommend a course of action that would allow you to do all 3 in an efficient manner so that you could see things without bouncing back and forth, but by all means, choose whatever path you like.

It's very easy to use a map of Bermuda to check where the caves, Swizzle Inn, and Bermuda Perfumery/St. George are located.

You cannot read "tone" on the net...so thank you for the explanation:)

I read it as an insult....now I know you did not mean it that way:)

I will have to re-think how to do it. To be honest, getting on and

off 3 or 4 buses does not sound fun to me:eek:

Edited by Lois R

Does anyone know if they will be adding anymore days for teas? I really would love to do it.

Thanks,

Marty

I emailed them yesterday and received a reply today.....they never

mentioned anything about more days. Wednesday and Saturday.

If you want their email? Let me know and I will post it here......you

can ask them if they ever plan on offering more days.

• 1 month later...
How far from the ship Explorer is the Bermuda Perfumery? I really would love to do the high tea. Is is a cab ride?

Sweet P's is located in St George. If you were to go by taxi from the Dockyard, it would be very expensive. Suggested way to get there is a 40 minute ferry ride from the Dockyard and a 5-7 minute walk from the ferry dock in St George to Sweet P's.

I have not done tea at Sweet P's, but I have done it at the Hamilton Princess in Hamilton, very elegant and much closer.

SBtS

Sweet P's is located in St George. If you were to go by taxi from the Dockyard, it would be very expensive. Suggested way to get there is a 40 minute ferry ride from the Dockyard and a 5-7 minute walk from the ferry dock in St George to Sweet P's.

I have not done tea at Sweet P's, but I have done it at the Hamilton Princess in Hamilton, very elegant and much closer.

SBtS

Hi, I go in 2 weeks:D....isn't The High Tea at the Princess quite

$$$$ and isn't there a dress code?

Price was, IIRC, $35.00 p/p and I wore Dockers and sports jacket, but you could be less dressy.

SBtS

Would I need to make a reservation? Or if I just take the ferry over

I could see if they have space available?

Sweet P doesn't answer my emails. Has anyone gone lately? We are only in port Wednesday , Thursday , and Friday. We have a private guide on Wednesday so not sure I would have him wait while I have tea (bummer).

Sweet P doesn't answer my emails. Has anyone gone lately? We are only in port Wednesday , Thursday , and Friday. We have a private guide on Wednesday so not sure I would have him wait while I have tea (bummer).

They updated their Facebook page yesterday, so I assume they're still going. The email listed on there is sweetpbermuda@hotmail.com and is the same one I used last year to make reservations.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-P/347713171905801

• 9 months later...

We had a lovely afternoon tea last week at Sweet P's. My sister and I had made a reservation for 3 p.m. on Wednesday, but at 1 p.m. we realized we were hungry and in the neighborhood so we just dropped in. The lovely woman who runs the place managed to fit us in (it's a very small place, and most or all of the seating is outside in the garden).

We had a choice of teas and a gorgeous three-tiered tray of petits fours and crustless sandwiches, followed (because they are baked to order as guests are expected) by delicious scones. Everything, in fact, is beautiful and delicious. There is no clotted cream (apparently they can't get it) but there was another creamy topping.

A friendly black cat showed up to keep us company while we ate. All in all it was a great experience. One note of warning: Don't have lunch and then expect to use this as an afternoon snack. It's VERY filling -- and we didn't eat everything we were offered because we were stuffed.

The Bermuda Perfumery is just a block or two up a slight hill from the main street of St. George's. It's very easy to find.