Background Music X- Ship

Germancruiser

Comlain letters to Captains Club, comments in their cards and answering the survey´s after we get home. What else can we do. LOL. Mutinity for silence! Especially in our LOUD world a cruise is or should be something calm and soothing. There are so many options now if people like to be or have to be entertained all around the clock , well there is a Cruise Line for that- called Carnival and other´s of course!

Michael

I started another thread a few days ago about the terrible music!!! Glad I'm not the only one complaining!!! I said that some light jazz would be nice. Perhaps a better wording would have been more refined or sophistacated type of music.

The music at the Elite Happy Hour on our Alaskan cruise a while back was awful!!! Totally inappropriate. Please take note Celebrity!!!:eek:

We are just off the Eclipse and we experienced the same thing with the loud music. I have had problems with the level of music in the shows for several years. I now wear earplugs when I go to the shows. I guess I will have to start wearing them all day every day on the ship. Hopefully, in 10 years we won't have everybody losing hearing from all of the loud music throughout their lives.

Jimanne

Also glad that I am not the only one complaining. I will not cancel my cruise on board Eclipse in December. I wait and see- or better hear if the constand music is still disturbing then.

Oh yes, sometimes a bit quite is needed. No traffic, no rush- just the ocean- that is ( well at least for me) is cruising all about!

Maybe X will listen- if they did not loose their hearing already. LOL.

Michael

I sent an e-mail to CC earier today and just received a reply.Mentioned my letter and what it contained so it was not a form letter reply.All the usual BS as well as a statment that my complaint about the loud music and how it affected the ambience of the cruise would be placed in the database to go to corporate.Ok by me.

We got off the summit the 28th and have to say the music was never too loud, and my girlfriend always complains about loud music. She actually mentioned that the pool music was so quiet you could barely hear it, but it was also awful music. We are 35 and 33 and enjoy modern music but the techno style music played at the pool was horrendous. She said it sounded like robots having sex. We went to the show almost every night and never felt it was louder than any other show we've been to land based. The dining room had barely audible music. The Martini bar music level was perfect in our opinion. You could easily hold a conversation with the people next to you without yelling.

We cruised Solstice in April 2010 and Eclipse in 2012 and there was no change in the music. On both cruises the piped-in music (no music during shows) was everywhere and was extremely annoying. Don't get me wrong, I love music and loud music. But some of the music they play is just wierd and it is piped in to places it should not be. One afternoon in the Oceanview the music was so loud we could hardly carry on a conversation. When I walked on deck with my ipod I could even hear the music being piped over the speakers on deck with my headphones on.

We sailed on Infinity in March and quickly grew tired of the looped-music in the Oceanview Cafe. We'd hear the same lame songs played over and over. In the Martini Bar, it was loud techno music being played that made it next to impossbile to carry on a conversation. After complaining to the staff, with no results, we'd simply stop by to order our drinks and move on to another location.

I don't care what age you are, if you can't hear one another when you're talking one foot away from their ears, you're going to conclude that it's an unpleasant experience. The one exception to this might be if you're dancing in the disco.

I sent an e-mail to CC earier today and just received a reply.Mentioned my letter and what it contained so it was not a form letter reply.All the usual BS as well as a statment that my complaint about the loud music and how it affected the ambience of the cruise would be placed in the database to go to corporate.Ok by me.

I received a reply with the same statement that it would be placed in the database. We'll see if they do any goood.

I got the same answer from Captains Club- very nice letter and they mention it when they have their meeting or something the like. Very prompt - that´s to say for them.

Diva´s Dare- I wish I wish- but we will see how silent Eclipse in December will be. LOL

Archived