Review - with pictures - Sapphire Princess California Costal cruise - Apr/May 2012

Cuizer2

Was the sea rough on this trip?

No, but I've got some interesting videos that cover this subject. Once I finish with the still pictures I'll work on posting the videos.

Good photos. I'm amazed that you got so many with no one in them. We took the Sapphire to Alaska a few years ago and enjoyed it very much.

The inside photos were mostly taken between 2:30am and 4:00am. Only the cleaning crew and some idiot with a camera and tripod were up at that time. The outside pictures were taken at a time when apparently most people didn't want to be outside. If you were looking for a relaxing and quiet cruise to take, this wast he one to take.

Edited by Cuizer2

Internet speeds on ship are also much faster at those times.

If you look at my picture of the Internet Cafe, you will notice that other than some fool with a camera and a tripod, nobody was there ...

DSC_3409.jpg

Great photos and comprehensive review of the California Coastal on the Sapphire..one of our favorite Princess ships. We took this cruise several weeks go so thanks for the memories.😊

A bit of wine trivia. The wines from your tasting, (Kalyra), are from the winery where Miles and Jack first meet Stephanie, (Sandra Oh), in the movie "Sideways".

Edited by JimmyVWine

Hey, I'm in one of those pictures! :D Rather, the back side of me is, it was at the sailaway as my husband and I were chatting with Gabe and Deb, looking out over the back of the ship. Sorry that we never managed to officially meet, I think I saw you at the meet and greet at the Wheelhouse but got busy chatting with other people. Your pictures are AWESOME and it was nice to relive the cruise along with you. :)

Lovely photos; I feel like I was right there with you -- just great.

I enjoyed your review, too. Your comment re not touching the polar bears had me laughing out loud. Do you have photos of the penguins/polar bears?

When I went through immigration in San Pedro two years ago, I was asked the same thing -- in fact, I was quizzed extensively by the little titmouse not only about why I cruised alone (he asked this more than once) but also about how I paid for the cruise, etc. I was all ready to tell him to take a long walk off a short pier, except for, you know, not wanting to go to jail.

Thanks so much for your review and pictures. Your pictures are so clear! I've seen many posted on CC that didn't look as good. I've sailed the Sapphire many times. I was interested in reading a review of the Coastal. I really haven't had a desire to do a Pacific Coastal as I've go to San Diego on a regular basis and lived there for five years and have been to Santa Barbara many times. Your review made me want to think about that decision a little more. Perhaps there are things I can do at these ports I haven't done before and it would be a way to be on the Sapphire (one of my favorite ships) without having to do the Mexican Riviera again. I did the MR last year and still love going there but maybe I'm ready for a different West Coast sailing. Food for thought.

I really enjoyed your point of view. It is nice reading posts from those that have other cruise lines that are their favorites.

Thanks for all the work you put into this review and those superb photos.

I am sailing on the Sapphire's sister ship the Diamond in 3 months 9 days and 19 hours-but who's counting?

I am using Bounty towels to mop up the drool.

Thanks again!

Norris

in Chicago

WOW!! What great pics. Wonderful job.

We were on this cruise the last day of March, but in the opposite direction, turning south to San Diego first. Your review and pics brought back great memories of our first Princess cruise. Loved the Sapphire.

I enjoyed your review, too. Your comment re not touching the polar bears had me laughing out loud. Do you have photos of the penguins/polar bears?

Yes, I have the pictures and I'll post them soon. Just check back in a day or two.

When I went through immigration in San Pedro two years ago, I was asked the same thing -- in fact, I was quizzed extensively by the little titmouse not only about why I cruised alone (he asked this more than once) but also about how I paid for the cruise, etc. I was all ready to tell him to take a long walk off a short pier, except for, you know, not wanting to go to jail.

You soooo crack me up!! :) (Apologies to the OP for this minor OT)

We were to sail with you on the Star recently (and we had to cancel) so I missed meeting you... darn! :p

Edited by julia