Does Carnival provide baby formula?Also, what kind of crib do they provide?

l929

I took my then 10 month old on Celebrity exactly one year ago and they were awesome. They got his formula (Enfamil AR, not a common one) and tons of baby food and it was waiting in our cabin when we arrived. We are now taking our almost two year old and his 4 month old brother on Carnival. Will they do the same?

Part II- Does Carnival provide a port a crib or a pack n play? I cant see my 2 year old sleeping in a pack in play. Celebrity gave us a really nice crib for him and changed the sheet every day.

Thanks

I would be surprised if they had the formula, but I could be wrong. I just got back from a Carnival with my 16 month old so we had no need for formula so I can't really answer for sure. As for the crib, it's a very small white crib that almost looks like it's made from PVC pipe. Isabella slept with us the whole time, but our friends used the crib for their 15 month old and it worked just fine.

Chandra

• 2 months later...

Can you please provide any details on the "small" crib? How small is it? We will be taking our baby (she'll be 1 year old by then) on the Pride in September. If the crib is too small, do you think we can turn the sofa into a bed for the baby?

Thanks!

We've taken four cruises on Carnival ships with our children in cribs (most recently in 2003), and each time they have used a small Cosco portacrib. The mattress area is about the size of a Pack N Play. You can see a couple of photos of the crib in this album ( http://community.webshots.com/album/97137249CCPXrO ). Although small, they're quite sturdy. Until about 18 months, our kids were able to sleep comfortably in them, so Jadejay2's one year old should be fine. At age 2, it was beginning to be pretty small for DS, so we opted for a sofa bed when we sailed at age 2.5. I brought a collapsable bed rail from home to keep him on the bed, as seen in this photo... http://community.webshots.com/photo/97137249/97141774uCAoTc . Both kids consistently measure about 85th percentile in height, if that helps offer some idea of how your child may fit in the crib.

We've taken four cruises on Carnival ships with our children in cribs (most recently in 2003), and each time they have used a small Cosco portacrib. The mattress area is about the size of a Pack N Play. You can see a couple of photos of the crib in this album ( http://community.webshots.com/album/97137249CCPXrO ). Although small, they're quite sturdy. Until about 18 months, our kids were able to sleep comfortably in them, so Jadejay2's one year old should be fine. At age 2, it was beginning to be pretty small for DS, so we opted for a sofa bed when we sailed at age 2.5. I brought a collapsable bed rail from home to keep him on the bed, as seen in this photo... http://community.webshots.com/photo/97137249/97141774uCAoTc . Both kids consistently measure about 85th percentile in height, if that helps offer some idea of how your child may fit in the crib.

Thank you so much for the info! The pictures help a lot! If the crib fits your 85th-percentile-baby, it should be fine with our 75th-percentile too. But I think I am going to bring a bedrail also, just in case. Before our daughter was born, we travelled a lot but always travelled light. But I guess we will have to check in some luggages this time! Oh well . . .

Thanks again!

jadejay2, CabinForFour's photo of the crib is what helped us decide to go forward with our upcoming Carnival cruise! We'll be leaving in 15 days, and I'll make sure to report back to you re crib. My baby is currently 15 1/2 months old, 31 inches tall and around 23/24 pounds.

jadejay2, CabinForFour's photo of the crib is what helped us decide to go forward with our upcoming Carnival cruise! We'll be leaving in 15 days, and I'll make sure to report back to you re crib. My baby is currently 15 1/2 months old, 31 inches tall and around 23/24 pounds.

Hey Scotch, our baby is now ~ 20 lbs and 28" tall so in 2 months she should be somewhat close to what yours is like. I look forward to hearing from you when you get back. Thanks in advance and enjoy your cruise! BTW, which ship will you be sailing on?

Archived