Pool water

CruzinKatz

Thank you. I was asking for the benefit of my grandchildren. I'm not sure they will want to stay in the water once they realize it's sea water.

I'm fluffy and won't be sporting a swimsuit

I wouldn't even mention it to them. Its not overly salty as they use a salt system to chlorinate the pool. They will probably not really notice.

Yup, they're salt. And clorniated.

But what's worse is the layer of scum from suntan oils and whatnot that builds on the surface. It eventually gets skimmed off and it's not enough to keep me out of there, but I do try to avoid the grey oil slick when I get out. :eek:

My kids 9 & 11 barely noticed the pool was salt water until halfway through the first day but they loved every minute of it. The pools are open when the ship is in port and two cruise ago we stayed aboard at on stop and nearly had the pool area all to ourselves. Prety good time.

ChipQ http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

Thank you. I was asking for the benefit of my grandchildren. I'm not sure they will want to stay in the water once they realize it's sea water.

I forgot to share this with my children while on their first cruise. They jumped in and came right back up! The salt water was too much for them in the triumph. They got out the pool almost immediately and never got back in another the entire cruise, now the hot tub and the slide was another story :) they enjoyed those very much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Misinformation....we got it

Pools are NOT chlorinated

they are salt water

they are open while in port (pretty good time to use them, not crowded)

No swim diapers allowed...again NOT chlorinated

you can have water wings, NO tubes no floats

NO "super shooters" LOL

(again this is confirmed by Carnival staff on Carnival funville)

Princess pools are freshwater and very nice however

Just bring goggles for your grandchildren (to keep the salt water out of their eyes - it stings), and they won't know the difference.

Dont they use salt water for the slides? Ive never gone down one. So i dont know.

Yes the kids said the slide was salt water but not as bad as the pool. Idk I have never gone down one either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do know the hottubs use fresh water with chemicals, they drain them every night, they also drain the pools as well. I like to walk around outside decks till after 3 am and witness that sometimes. They close pools and tubs after 10pm, drain them to clean. Expecially the main pool where all the parties go on.

Misinformation....we got it

Pools are NOT chlorinated

they are salt water

they are open while in port (pretty good time to use them, not crowded)

No swim diapers allowed...again NOT chlorinated

you can have water wings, NO tubes no floats

NO "super shooters" LOL

(again this is confirmed by Carnival staff on Carnival funville)

Princess pools are freshwater and very nice however

Salt - aka Sodium CHLORIDE

The pools DO use a chlorine generator:

Salt water chlorination is a process that uses dissolved salt (1,800–6,000 ppm) as a store for the chlorination system. The chlorinator uses electrolysis to break down the salt (NaCl). The resulting chemical reaction eventually produces hypochlorous acid (HCIO), and sodium hypochlorite (NaClO), which are the sanitizing agents already commonly used in swimming pools. As such, a saltwater pool is not actually chlorine-free; it simply utilizes a chlorine generator instead of direct addition of chlorine.

yup. even on land, there are bromine pools.

btw, a common misconception is that salt in water makes your eyes burn.

false

It's the ph. the more the difference in the pool water to the eyes ph, the more the burn.

yup. even on land, there are bromine pools.

btw, a common misconception is that salt in water makes your eyes burn.

false

It's the ph. the more the difference in the pool water to the eyes ph, the more the burn.

must be a lot of ph in the ocean

I wouldn't even mention it to them. Its not overly salty as they use a salt system to chlorinate the pool. They will probably not really notice.

I do not think this is accurate. It's sea water....not non-sea water with some salt added as your typical back yard pool that runs a salt-chlorination system. Those systems have salt-water....but not not hardly as much as sea water and not the downsides to sea water (ie burning eyes and strong salt taste).

I do not think this is accurate. It's sea water....not non-sea water with some salt added as your typical back yard pool that runs a salt-chlorination system. Those systems have salt-water....but not not hardly as much as sea water and not the downsides to sea water (ie burning eyes and strong salt taste).

It's not like it will hurt them. The salt water pools will burn your eyes no more than a typical public overly chlorinated pool - goggles are always a good idea. Some kids will decide something ahead of time without even trying something - so let them in the pool and see if the salt water is an issue for them - no need to point it out ahead of time.

I frequent the ships pools and have never found them to be too salty.

It's not like it will hurt them.

Of course not...there are these things after all called, you know, beaches!

As for some booty-head saying posts #3 to infinity are a pi$$ing match, if you don't like the subsequent posts, don't bother reading and posting to them. Geez. And when you find Utopia, please post its location so everyone can go there! :D

Archived