electric fans on Fantasy

SlingBlade

They went thru a while last year where they were confiscating fans. Fire hazard?? Not sure. I had my little newish 6 foot extention cord confiscated.

You should be able to bring a battery powered fan without issue.

I think its still up in the air about electric fans.

they do have some box fans on some ships you can request .. after you board, but they are on a first come first served basis and a box fan is very noisy.

I do know there is a deposit if you need a extension cord (like you need with a CPAP), $25 I believe .. so I would expect to need one with the fan and pay a deposit as well if they have them once you board.

a electric fan will probably confinscated at check in. and i doubt if they have them for you too put in your cabin. there is one plug-in in the bathroom just for a electric razor and one in the cabin usually by the desk. take a power strip for you phone/camera, ect.

a electric fan will probably confinscated at check in. and i doubt if they have them for you too put in your cabin. there is one plug-in in the bathroom just for a electric razor and one in the cabin usually by the desk. take a power strip for you phone/camera, ect.

I was told power strips would be confiscated, is why I brought the extension cord instead that had multiple outlets, which they also took (in Ft. Lauderdale)

Have you read they now allow power stripes? I think they dont want you pulling down a lot of power.

That is so strange. I need a fan noise to sleep and ALWAYS bring my little 4 inch mini fan. We also bring a power strip AND an extension cord for the CPAP.

Maybe ours have never been taken up because I put it all away after we get up in the am. I don't want anyone to trip or anything.

Per Carnival FAQ:

• Electrical devices such as fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords will be removed if determined to pose a hazard and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

I printed out the FAQ and carried it on along with my 4" fan and extension cord figuring if there were a problem I would at least be able to consult a supervisor to determine the "hazard". I had no problems with either.

I was thinking the smaller version fan if we brought it alone. Even tho it would be hilarious if I came walking thru the port with a huge box fan on my shoulder :D. Thanks for all the replies, have a friend going on the Fantasy that LOVES her fan at nite.

Archived