Best Specialty Restaurant

carcruiser

Interesting that there are more bad or unfavorable reviews/opinions of Silk Harvest than good ones. I love sushi but after reading some of the comments it appears I would have better luck at Qsine with their sushi pops?

No ship has both Qsine and Silk harvest, just one or the other. So you may as well try the one on the ship you're sailing. I wouldn't pick a cruise based only on which of these two restaurants is on board.

No ship has both Qsine and Silk harvest, just one or the other. So you may as well try the one on the ship you're sailing. I wouldn't pick a cruise based only on which of these two restaurants is on board.

THANKS! I was looking at the Celebrity Eclipse for the October westbound transatlantic and the ports (Southampton, Le Havre and Cherbourg) and are not so very important as I have already been to London and Paris (but would love to see Mont Saint-Michel) and am not particularly interested in the Azores. I was more interested in taking a distraction free cruise on a Solstice-class and the nine sea days were most attractive. On another website it showed the Celebrity Eclipse as having Silk Harvest but after I used the search function here on Cruise Critic and checked out the deck plans on Celebrity's website saw it was not to be, that it was instead Qsine.

I had also looked at several transatlantic sailings on Princess Cruises but they were too port intensive for my liking and I would rather stick with Celebrity Cruises since I think I would enjoy the specialty restaurants more so on the latter.

I agree with Mulege 100%....Murano First, Tuscan Grill second....and Silk Harvest is a distant third....

We agree Murano, fantastic foie gras and sole, next for us is Silk Harvast, DW is Filipino and loves the fusion (me too). Tuscan Grill, fantastic rib eye and sea bass. Qsine too many curry dishes for DW, for me too exhausting, however, it's well received by most. Bistro on five is excellent, though not considered a SR, how can you beat all you can eat for $5. ~ Ric

I liked both Murano and Tuscan Grille... probably a slight edge to Tuscan Grille. But both offer very good mood and nice atmosphere.

Sadly, I did not care for Silk Harvest. All the food was average - nothing amazing. I have better Asian restaurants within a 15 minute radius and much cheaper too.

Another suggestion - try Bistro on Five. Thought not fancy dining, the food is great and at only $5 per person, it's so worth it. We ate there 3 times!

Archived