Steakhouse - dessert "to go?"

In January, they would only allow us to take the cheesecake back to our room. I personally wouldn't want to take the chocolate sampler back to my room for the simple fact there's sorbet in it and the fridges aren't very cold...more like room temperature almost.

I know MDR waiters sometimes do this on food. Not sure in Steakhouse, other than for wiine. But the chocolate sampler is in small parfait type glasses, hard to "box" them. And they seem to covet their dining ware,i.e., they'll sub your glass of wine into a MDR type glass. A better take away choice might be the cheesecake or the apple tart (excellent, BTW). Or just split the sampler with tablemate. You can avoid heavy or overly dishes in the Steakhouse, with a bit of pre-planning and scanning of menus. Let your tastebuds do the talking, not your eyes do the walking when ordering.

We took the cheesecake and the chocolate sampler back (the sampler was in little cups)...they put it on a plate with a plastic cover. Good luck getting it into the fridge though...we had to take off the lid. Fine if you're going to eat it later that night, but really doesn't keep well.

Some people say they have been able to take certain desserts to go & others say they have been told NO!

I would think the chocolate sampler would always be a no because it is served in 4 glasses, don't see how they could pack that to go for you.

If I was too stuffed for the cheesecake or apple thingy, I would expect to be able to have it packed to go, so that I could enjoy it later. I would be inwardly annoyed if I was told no, but I would be way too full to press the issue! LOL

Thanks - I definitely plan to have the lighter fare before I have the steak, & skip the potatoes as a side. The chocolate sampler looks so delicious, though - I know I will need to order that. Didn't realize one of them was a sorbet, just thought they might make a good midnight snack! ;)

We took the cheesecake and the chocolate sampler back (the sampler was in little cups)...they put it on a plate with a plastic cover. Good luck getting it into the fridge though...we had to take off the lid. Fine if you're going to eat it later that night, but really doesn't keep well.

Thanks - I definitely plan to have the lighter fare before I have the steak, & skip the potatoes as a side. The chocolate sampler looks so delicious, though - I know I will need to order that. Didn't realize one of them was a sorbet, just thought they might make a good midnight snack! ;)

Our room steward strongly advised NOT to use the cabin refrigerator to store food....it simply isn't cold enough. He said if we weren't going to consume it that night, not to bother. It is really just a cooler, not a true refrigeration unit!

Friends, brought back steak from the Steakhouse, and were told the same by their room steward. You have to believe them! I'm sure they have seen plenty of sick people eating food that hasn't been stored properly!

I would agree with the idea of splitting or sharing the desert. Try two different ones, and at least have a taste! I personally love that cheesecake! :)

Our room steward strongly advised NOT to use the cabin refrigerator to store food....it simply isn't cold enough. He said if we weren't going to consume it that night, not to bother. It is really just a cooler, not a true refrigeration unit!

Friends, brought back steak from the Steakhouse, and were told the same by their room steward. You have to believe them! I'm sure they have seen plenty of sick people eating food that hasn't been stored properly!

I would agree with the idea of splitting or sharing the desert. Try two different ones, and at least have a taste! I personally love that cheesecake! :)

Our room steward strongly advised us not to put any leftovers into the refrigerator, as it is more of a cooler than a refrigerator. He said if we weren't to consume it that day, not to bother. Our friends were told the same thing.

We took my wife's cheesecake back to the cabin, but had to cut it in half in order to fit into the fridge. We stopped by the Lido deck dining area to pick up some silverware and 2 small plates. The piece of cheesecake was so big that we ate off of it for a couple of days! YUM!

:cool:Bill

Looks like Cruise Critic had a little hiccup when we were posting! I thought it was down, but it took the posts anyway! :rolleyes:

I'm aware of the "not cold" refrigerators & like I said, I would eat it couple hours later - maybe eat the sorbet first, though. Guess I will just ask them (if I'm stuffed) and take it from there! Thanks, everyone!

Looks like Cruise Critic had a little hiccup when we were posting! I thought it was down, but it took the posts anyway! :rolleyes:

I'm aware of the "not cold" refrigerators & like I said, I would eat it couple hours later - maybe eat the sorbet first, though. Guess I will just ask them (if I'm stuffed) and take it from there! Thanks, everyone!

I thought it was Groundhog day or something! :eek:

A little rum or kaluha and you can drink th esorbet as a nightcap:D

I thought it was Groundhog day or something! :eek:

And maybe it was!:p

And maybe it was!:rolleyes:

And maybe it was!;)

Archived