New Suite Perk

dickinson

So the word is, "we don't see any reason why they shouldn't receive two dinners since the Amex Plat perk is for Sabatini's on the first night. Just see the maitre d and it will be at his discretion".

;)

On our last cruise (May to Alaska on the Star) we asked if we could have our dinner in Sabatini's on another night and were allowed to do so. I'm sure it's up to the Maitre'd, but there were certainly very accommodating. Since we are sailing on a Suite on the Golden in December I will find out for sure, but we wil hope that they will be as accommodating as they were on the Star.

Vanilla,

No, we tipped them the last morning - second to last morning. It isn't open on the last morning - room service breakfast that morning is just for suites.

Still picking up pointers (and will continue to).

... so suite guests can utilize the expanded breakfast menu on the last morning (or just a continental)?

THANKS

Yes you have to eat them both at the same time. :eek:

Not true.

Although that is an option you could also

a) eat them one after the other

or

b) eat one in Sabatini's and eat the other in the steakhouse (on the same evening of course)

Tom-n-Cheryl -- We got room service for breakfast 3x while on our recent cruise including the last morning (when the Patters said no room service available!). I believe the menu that you hang out on your door was the same as every other day. Therefore I think you can get the same expanded menu. We got cereal, danish and pastry though so no hot foods. One morning we got hot food but it wasn't very hot . More like room temperature. The milk for my cereal was room temperature on two days but the last morning did have some coldness to it. I assume doing room service was better than going up to the Horizon Court. It certainly was convenient and saved time!

We have ordered whatever we wanted - eggs benedict - whatever. We have never had cold foods that were warm. They put a tablecloth on the balcony table and it is a very relaxing end to the cruise.

We also have had several stewards that have told us to take our time and did not need to rush out by 8 am.

If you're in a suite, the steward will give you a special breakfast menu each evening for the following day. If he/she doesn't on the last night, I'd contact the DINE line to place an order for the next morning. It's great sitting on your balcony eating a hot breakfast before having to leave the ship!

If you're in a suite, the steward will give you a special breakfast menu each evening for the following day. If he/she doesn't on the last night, I'd contact the DINE line to place an order for the next morning. It's great sitting on your balcony eating a hot breakfast before having to leave the ship!

Its make that morning much more relaxed. They did not leave us a dine card the night before departure and when I called for room service, they adviced me there was not service on departure mornings. I reminded them I was in a suite and he took my order. We got our meal in 20 mintues.

The dine card is great, but since we tended to sleep in some mornings, we just called and our meals were usually delivered in 20 minutes. It did seem that my service was really prompt after I tip them the first time.

Burt

... It's great sitting on your balcony eating a hot breakfast before having to leave the ship!

Something which Carnival offers on ZERO mornings of their cruises - regardless of cabin type. Something which Celebrity and NCL offer suite guests, though NOT on the last morning.

Agreed - that would be a nice feeling, taking a little bit away from those "last morning blues"! :)

Tom

I know that this thread was started about the new suite perks and getting a dinner in Sabatini's on the first night. When someone mentioned that they had been getting that perk for AMEX platinum, that caught my attention. Nothing like a dinner in Sabatini's to motivate me!

Well...the final result is the dinner in Sabatini's, a $100 obc for a mini-suite (would have been $300 for a full suite), a free bottle of champagne, and double AMEX points for the cruise! Awesome!

Thank you so much to all of you for sharing your experiences here! I read cc much more than I post, but I wanted to come back to let you know how much I appreciate the information here.

Well...the final result is the dinner in Sabatini's, a $100 obc for a mini-suite (would have been $300 for a full suite), a free bottle of champagne, and double AMEX points for the cruise! Awesome!

I thought it was a $300 OBC for full suites but not OBC's just a two category upgrade for all other cabins.

Have they changed that??

Yes, CC really is a great place to get info.

I thought it was a $300 OBC for full suites but not OBC's just a two category upgrade for all other cabins.

Have they changed that??

Yes, CC really is a great place to get info.

I thought so to but on our upcoming cruise we r in a mini suite and got the 2 category upgrade+$50 obc. Go figure! We r not complaining!

NEW! Complimentary cover charge

for one of the specialty restaurants

on embarkation evening.

I just read this on the Princess site and wondered if you have used this how do you go about getting a reservation? Do you show up on embarkation day at the line for the specialty restaurant ressies? Thanks!

on embarkation evening.

I just read this on the Princess site and wondered if you have used this how do you go about getting a reservation? Do you show up on embarkation day at the line for the specialty restaurant ressies? Thanks!

Call ahead and reserve a time in the one you wish to dine in.

on embarkation evening.

I haven't used it yet, but plan on using it on our next cruise. From what I've read you just call for reservations when you get on the ship like you normally would. Just tell them you're in a suite. I think it's a nice perk.

I haven't used it yet, but plan on using it on our next cruise. From what I've read you just call for reservations when you get on the ship like you normally would. Just tell them you're in a suite. I think it's a nice perk.

I totally agree; it's a wonderful perk! ;)

Archived